ActiON, aka Web Dashboard 3.0

This is great!

One thing to note that I missed on initial setup. When setting the preferences in SmartApp online, there are three preference screens. Make sure to click Next and update them all. When you get to the last one and click done it will save for you. If you don’t you’ll get a number of errors with time/weather/etc.

Amazing work!

One quick question. I am still getting weather null in my logs. Do I need a hardware device to do weather for me? Or is there a custom device or SmartApp I can install and use instead?

You can add Weather Tile in IDE. Go to devices and add SmartWeather Tile. It will be listed as one of your devices and you could pick it when you configure the SmartApp.

I messaged @coolcatiger to get some more debugging data. I wonder what UBI returns that’s so toxic to Math.round().

@625alex Perfect. Found it just after I asked the question. I had been trying to add it from in the app, but that didn’t work. Also, if you set up the SmartApp from in the mobile app, it is a much cleaner process!

Thanks!

The degub data is below, Looks like it does not print humidity data at all.

b1568efb-9d1b-47f5-8bd3-96f55fc1cac4 2:11:01 PM: error java.lang.NumberFormatException @ line 287
b1568efb-9d1b-47f5-8bd3-96f55fc1cac4 2:11:01 PM: debug rounding number 71
b1568efb-9d1b-47f5-8bd3-96f55fc1cac4 2:11:01 PM: debug rounding number 66
b1568efb-9d1b-47f5-8bd3-96f55fc1cac4 2:11:01 PM: debug rounding number 73.58000000000001
b1568efb-9d1b-47f5-8bd3-96f55fc1cac4 2:11:01 PM: debug rounding number 69
b1568efb-9d1b-47f5-8bd3-96f55fc1cac4 2:11:01 PM: debug rounding number 71
b1568efb-9d1b-47f5-8bd3-96f55fc1cac4 2:11:01 PM: debug rounding number 70
b1568efb-9d1b-47f5-8bd3-96f55fc1cac4 2:11:00 PM: debug rounding number 70
b1568efb-9d1b-47f5-8bd3-96f55fc1cac4 2:11:00 PM: debug rounding number 68
b1568efb-9d1b-47f5-8bd3-96f55fc1cac4 2:11:00 PM: debug rounding number 68
b1568efb-9d1b-47f5-8bd3-96f55fc1cac4 2:10:59 PM: debug weather [Outdoor Weather]

I would really like to know what UBI returns as humidity. Try to paste the code I sent you in PM and see what is printed in the console.

When you view the UBI device in SM mobile app, what do you see there for humidity? I can’t debug this until I know what the humidity value from UBI is.

Thanks

Essentially its just a string. I wrote the Ubi code and its just parsing a web page. So everything is a string but the label adds the %

My motion sensor tiles don’t seem to update. I’ve uninstalled numerous times today and tried 3 different types. SmartSense, Aeon Multi and Monoprice Motion

Same issue here with motion tiles not updating (even with manual refresh). Everything else looks nice. Thanks for your hard work!

Are they showing active or inactive status? I don’t have any motion sensors, so I codded based on the simulator.

I will figure this out tomorrow…

They are showing inactive.

FYI - my weather tile hasn’t updated since installation. And the Smartweather humidity hasn’t either.

UPDATE - turns out my weather wasn’t being updated in the app either. And I do have the updated installed too. Not sure why it’s not updating. But it’s not a ActiON issue.

You need to install the SmartWeather Station controller app under Convenience section of the Mobile app. It will refresh the weather device periodically.

I wish ST would advertise their strongest features. SmartWeather device and Controller should be one of the first steps of the initial ST set up.

I updated the app to report the state of motion sensors correctly.

@coolcatiger, I updated the app to be compatible with UBI, even if it is not reporting humidity as a number. If temperature or humidity values are not numbers, they will be displayed as is.

1 Like

Again, stunningly incredible work! The ticking second dot on the analog clock blew me away!

I’m sending you some money via your PayPal account. Hopefully you can go buy some more THINGS and continue to make this smart app better and better!

THANK YOU for all your hard work on this!!!

BTW - because of ActiON, I also finally installed the SmartWeather Station Tile and got it setup correctly this morning. Thanks for tip that was imbedded in this thread too!

1 Like

I am getting the same exception:

{“error”:true,“type”:“java.lang.NumberFormatException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occurred.”}

Are you also using an unusual temperature or humidity sensor? Are you using the updated code? Could you tell me what is actually returned? What’s in the logs?

Awesome app, great work! I’m not a dev by any means, so sorry if this is a dumb question… I understand the concept of OAuth, but could you tell me a bit more about the security of this interface? From what I gather, the URL string contains the OAuth secret key, in other words, anyone with the URL would have access to the dashboard. Is that right? I’m just worried about the potential security risk that could have with access to door locks, etc… Am I missing something?

Yes.