ActiON Dashboard Install HELP

OK I am coming in late on this ActiON dashboard since I just got started with ST. I have read what feels like a thousand posts but I’m I missing something? I have copied over the Github code into the IDE and that seems fine. When I pull up the URL I just get the Refresh title. I am at work right now so I don’t know if I have to be on my local network for this to work or not. If there is other stuff I need to do? Can you point me in the direction if there is. Or if there is something else that I did wrong let me know. Thanks

1 Like

You do not have to be on your local network. Did you go through the setup SmartApp and add all the devices you want to see/control?

1 Like

I guess that is the part I am missing is there any instructions on this?

http://625alex.github.io/ActiON-Dashboard/

1. Open the SmartThings Mobile App
  2. Tap (+) on the bottom of the app
  3. Swipe all the way to the right to My Apps
  4. Pick the app that you created
  5. Follow through SmartApp preferences and copy the dashboard URL
  6. Don’t forget to click “Done”

To create multiple instances of the dashboard, install SmartApp only once in the IDE. Then, create as many instances as necessary in the SmartThings Mobile App. Each instance has its own set of preferences.

Yeah I just figured that out. Never thought to go back to the mobile app. Thanks.

It is an easy oversight. I mantra I remember is that no matter what I’m doing outside of the ST app, it is almost aways controlled / setup within the app itself.

OK another quick question trying to add weather. I go to IDE and my Devices and add a new one but there is like 9 fields that need to be filled out. Am I in the right place?

Not hard at all. Here is what mine looks like:

Then, you just need to go into the preferences of the tile and add your zip code.

1 Like

Thanks that worked
Now I just have about 4 old kindles to mount around the house.

Ah, I hadn’t thought about picking up some cheap kindles. They do run those specials every once in a while.

Oh, and don’t forget to load the “Updates SmartWeather Station Tile devices every hour” smart under Convenience in the ST mobile app.

Just added it Thanks

Erik, I just noticed this thread. I’m glad this worked out for you.

Just a note, you don’t need to run SmartWeathet Controller. ActiOn dashboard refreshes the weather every 15 minutes.

Alex, would this refresh also update it in the ST App itself?

The dashboard app refreshes the SmartWeather device and should update the tile.

Excellent - one less SmartApp to run! I’ll remove mine and see how things go. Thanks!

1 Like