Is there a physical controller that can be used for family use?

I just switched over from X10 to Smartthigs and we used to have a physical switch controller that was on the end-table that we could click on the lights.

Now I have it all in my phone :slight_smile: !!! But lost that function

Is there a device out there that is similar so I don’t have to load this up on everyones phone so they can turn on the lights.

I have a mixture of devices, Wemo, GE Link, Z-Wave switches.

Has anyone done anything like this?? Maybe a cheap Android tablet?

I can pick up a Azpen Innovation A727 Tablet for $39 at Microcenter and just keep it plugged in

Any help would be great

Using a cheap Android tablet and @625alex’s ActiON web panel will let you customize things as you see fit, and does not require the SmartThings mobile app.

How hard is the ActiON web panel to setup/install? Going to start looking for it, but is there a How to doc?

Piece of cake. Install the SmartApp, select the devices you want on the panel, look for the url in the IDE log, put that url in your browser… Bingo!

Thanks, already have followed all the steps, just trying to find the URL now

Got it!!!

WOW, this thing is great… now I just need to figure out what I want to have on the screen

Note that you can have multiple instantiations of the app, each with different devices (and urls), and you can of course use the link tiles to switch between those urls.

I must not have my eyes working. Can you give me a little more detailed instructions on where to get this app?