Stelpro KI Zigbee Thermostat using Zigbee Thermostat Edge Driver can’t set temperature to 65F or 67F

I manually migrated one of my Stelpro KI Zigbee thermostats to the Zigbee Thermostat Edge driver and I’m not able to adjust the temperature from the gui, a routine or Alexa to 65 or 67 F. It shows the change in the gui and Alexa but when you go back to check, it changes back to whatever it was originally set for. Also, when you press the plus and minus buttons in the gui it will only show as .2 for instance if you press the minus it goes to 66.2 or 64.2 etc. It also displays the temperature in the same format 65.3 or 64.2 etc. The DTH it was using (Stelpro Ki ZigBee Thermostat) displayed the temperature in whole numbers as 65 and no decimal places. It also adjusted the temperature in whole numbers with no decimal point. I am able to enter the temperature in whole numbers in the gui but again 65 and 67 will not work. If I change the thermostat manually to 65 it shows 64.2 in the app and if I change it to 67 it shows 66.2 in the app. All other temperatures work between 41F and 82F except 65 and 67.
The thermostat model number is STZB402+. I have excluded and included the thermostat several times. I have reset it the thermostat to factory defaults. I have powered it of and on at the breaker, also rebooted the V3 Smartthings hub running 045.00011. I also reinstalled the Smartthings app on my phone. Anyone else migrated their Stelpro KI’s or had them auto migrated and seeing this issue? If 65 wasnt my setback temprature at night, I would have never noticed. The .2 or .3 after the temp I would have just ignored.

You can try installing a community developed edge driver, change the edge driver for your thermostat to this driver and test if you experience the same issue:

SmartThings. Add a little smartness to your things

@jkp is this a thermostat driver or is it for turning a temperature sensor into a virtual thermostat? I did install the driver but I’m not able to switch my thermostat to it probably because of the finger print. Maybe I misread it but it doesn’t seem like this will work for a physical thermostat.

just ask the developer to add your fingerprint

ok. thanks for your help. I will give it a try.

@nayelyz how can I report this as a problem with the Zigbee thermostat Edge driver and get it fixed?

"I manually migrated one of my Stelpro KI Zigbee thermostats to the Zigbee Thermostat Edge driver and I’m not able to adjust the temperature from the gui, a routine or Alexa to 65 or 67 F. It shows the change in the gui and Alexa but when you go back to check, it changes back to whatever it was originally set for. Also, when you press the plus and minus buttons in the gui it will only show as .2 for instance if you press the minus it goes to 66.2 or 64.2 etc. It also displays the temperature in the same format 65.3 or 64.2 etc. The DTH it was using (Stelpro Ki ZigBee Thermostat) displayed the temperature in whole numbers as 65 and no decimal places. It also adjusted the temperature in whole numbers with no decimal point. I am able to enter the temperature in whole numbers in the gui but again 65 and 67 will not work. If I change the thermostat manually to 65 it shows 64.2 in the app and if I change it to 67 it shows 66.2 in the app. All other temperatures work between 41F and 82F except 65 and 67.

The thermostat model number is STZB402+. I have excluded and included the thermostat several times. I have reset it the thermostat to factory defaults. I have powered it of and on at the breaker, also rebooted the V3 Smartthings hub running 045.00011. I also reinstalled the Smartthings app on my phone. Anyone else migrated their Stelpro KI’s or had them auto migrated and seeing this issue? If 65 wasnt my setback temprature at night, I would have never noticed. The .2 or .3 after the temp I would have just ignored."

1 Like

Hi, @mlchelp

Please, provide the following info so I can report it:

1. Support Access to your account.
  1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (⋮) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again
  1. Share the name of the device
  2. Replicate the issue and collect the following:
    a. Logs from the driver handling this device. For this, you need to set up the CLI and use the command: smartthings edge:drivers:logcat
    b. A screen recording showing the behavior you described to compare the logs of point “a”.

Please, send this info to build@smartthings.com

@nayelyz
I completed all steps and sent the logs. email subject is Problem with Stelpro KI Zigbee thermostat using Zigbee thermostat Edge drIver

I recieved a reply that it was recieved. Let me know if I need to do anything else

Thanks

@nayelyz

The device name is Master Bath Thermostat

@nayelyz
SmartThings Support] Support request #1441728: Problem with Stelpro KI Zigbee thermostat using Zigbee thermostat Edge driver.

Exactly the Same problem for me !! Same Stelpro model…. Most of my stelpro working as It supose to … but one is working bad … exactly like you

Support is working on this and I’m waiting on a answer. I will update this if and when it is fixed. I have read a few other posts with different thermostats having this problem also.

@Realpickle do you have Stelpro’s using the same driver that are working correctly? I migrated all 14 of mine and they all behave the same way.

I have 7 Stelpro stzb402 with firware version :2.3.10-1 working good and an ôther one with exactly thé Same firmware and only shows the ambien température whith the app and able to set the heating température with the up and down touch directly on thé thermostat

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Sorry for my bad english… i have try to exclude and factory reset… nothing works …

Envoyé de mon iPhone

I factory reset all of mine when I migrated them. Didn’t help.

I call Stelpro they tells me thé thermostat is defect… si They replace it whith a new one and did exactly the Same !! So we have a problem

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Hey there just stumbled onto this thread after my Stelpro’s were auto-migrated to the Zigbee Thermostat driver the other day, did you ever hear back from support?

Have you looked into use a community driver at all? I am wondering if [Beta] ) Edge Driver Zigbee Temp Sensor and Thermostat Mc: will work

The last time I heard from ST after opening the case was on 2/3/23 and they said they were still trying to assign a developer to look into it. Emailed them again a few days ago and they never answered the email. They have never fixed a single issue that I have opened a ticket for over the years. At this point I have realized that I have to fix everything myself or it will stay broke. Someone did suggest that driver to me but I just haven’t had time to try it. If you try it and it works, please let me know. For now I just changed my turn back temperature to 64 instead of 65.

If you want to try it you will have to get @Mariano_Colmenarejo to add the figerprints for you.