[ST Edge] ONVIF-compliant IP Camera Motion Detection & Video Streaming - Testers Wanted!

Hello, got my Amcrest camera to connect and subscribe to events with no problem. I also have another virtual camera. I’m having the same issue on iOS and Android where I can’t create a Camera Group.

Has there been any progress on this by chance? Is there some nifty workaround I’m missing?

TIA

I still cannot add Tods virtual camera although my physical camera which refused for a few days did eventually join a group

I put the whole thing down to Samsung back end changes but the virtual camera persists in being invisible to a group

The probability is Smartthings has changed the way devices are seen without letting anyone no

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Gotta hate it when they do that. My issue is, I don’t even see WHERE I could create a group. It’s Lighting Groups and that’s it. Pretty frustrating to get access to a brilliant piece of work that is the Edge ONVIF driver, have your camera connect, and then nada because I can’t create a damn group.

FWIW, here’s the latest

output of the event history.

A couple things:

1. I don’t have any more information regarding the absence of the camera group creation option that some people are seeing in their apps. It seems to only be affecting certain people. It’s not clear if it is a country or geography thing, or tied to something else. I also don’t know why there are issues with adding a camera device to a group. This again seems to be affecting only certain people. SmartThings platform is going through a lot of changes right now; I’m hoping as thing settle in once we get passed the Groovy transition, we’ll get back to some stability regarding the camera device support.

2. The recent firmware upgrade has created some problems for some people with this driver (e.g. no longer getting motion events). I have an update in the wings that will fix the issue and it also includes support for Line Crossing and Tamper events for those with cameras that have that function. It’s been on my alternate test channel and a few of you may already have it. But I’ll be soon moving it to the regular test channel so that everyone gets it. I wanted to provide a heads up on that so no one is blindsided by the change. I’ll post again once I push that out, which will be in the next day or so.

I am not using this driver, but I just looked at camera groups in my Android 13 App. I have 2 locations both in the USA.

My main location has the option to create camera groups, but my 2nd location doesn’t.

My main location already has a camera group, but the 2nd location has never had a camera group. So was my main location Grandfathered because it already had a camera group? I have no idea.

Interesting. That may be what has happened.

@TripleA I have a ticket opened with support about not being able to create a Camera Group since I was communicating with @TAustin in my offer to test Amcrest ONVIF cameras with his new driver. Unfortunately in the 2+ weeks since I logged the case I have not had much success. I am told the case is with the Tier3 team and has been the entire time without an update but asking for basic information that was or should have been collected when the case was opened.

I have a different case open with Smartthings support for CT101 thermostats that they broke with their updates which I created in November. I have not heard anything on that case. I hope this one doesn’t fall into the same black hole.

Something seems to be odd with device discovery Tod

Deleted a camera from ST app which developed an on board fault

Replacement fitted, onvif on and setup, scan nearby found camera

no matter what i did your driver refused to accept pw and user name and subscribe, details entered correctly but created camera simply did not subscribe

Deleted same camera from ST app

Now unable to find any camera when scan nearby

Camera is nothing different than any others i use, just another Hikvision

Well, for me it seems the ride is currently over Tod, there is no way of knowing if ST are upgrading camera integration or deprecating it but, camera group creation has now vanished from my app

I deleted my last cam, uninstalled and re installed your driver, found the cameras but camera group creation no longer exists… just like that !

Will watch this thread for future comments

Well that sucks. I’m sorry to hear that. Thanks for giving it a go and providing all the useful feedback. We’ll have to see what the future brings…

Still there for me :crossed_fingers:

Yup mine were Milan, once i deleted Tods cams and driver and added them back, camera group, which was there 4 mins before just vanished

Dont delete your group

Sods law because Tods movement detection started to become useable

1 Like

Back in the game !!!

Camera group creation has returned :grinning:

2 Likes

Good to know! I’m been a fan of Amcrest’s hardware for some time now so almost everything I have deployed is Amcrest (cams, NVRs). I’d LOVE to get them working with ST if possible. Mine report their status in ST, but motion detection doesn’t work and I can’t create a group. It’s like there isn’t even an option to do so.

@TAustin im having issue with Reolink E1 Zoom which was proven to work so the issue is probably me :slight_smile:
i downloaded the driver and chnged the reolink from the PC app (not availbe in IOS)
but still cant get the hub to add the camera - using Add does not recognize the camera
can anyone advise

in case this information helps i accidentally downloaded the “ONVIF Manual Device Creator V1.1” and got a device recognized (no motion signals)
deleted both devices and drivers and started again with no luck

Hello guys!

Someone could connect Reolink E1 Pro v3 to driver ?

If yes, can you help me?

My device is not founded.

@eli_doron @Dienzora

If your camera is not being found, and you know its IP address, you could try to create it manually with a separate driver I have for this purpose. Please see this link under the " MANUAL Camera Device Discovery Option" heading.

Hi @TAustin,

I’ve tried this… but the response is “Not Responding”.

I would like to know how guys can do E1 Pro works.