[ST Edge] ONVIF-compliant IP Camera Motion Detection & Video Streaming - Testers Wanted!

Do you have the latest firmware installed for that camera?

@TAustin i used the “manuel” driver when it said “transfer to driver” i changed driver the the “onvif camera 1.1”
i entered the user name and password and managed to toggle the events to “on” and got “subscribed to event” message BUT no motion events recorded and no video stream playing ( i creatd 2 camera’s n order to have a group

There may be something unique with how this camera is responding. Are you able to install the SmartThings CLI so we can get some logs? Direct message me and I can help guide you.

Yeap! Now I got it.

It was missing enable ONVIF on the Reolink PC application for non browser supported cams.

1 Like

@TAustin what brand of cam supports line cross and tamper features ?

I’ve three Reolink cams and no one supports:

• 510WA
  • E1 Pro
  • E1 Zoom

Thanks in advance

None of the Reolink cameras that I have support it either, and I don’t know if any of the Reolink models do. Other camera brands like Hikvision do.

1 Like

I have amcrest cameras and they were identified automatically. However motion detection is not working on any of them. Also the live feed takes like ages to load whereas on any other app it’s instant

Trying to get motion working with my EZVIZ DB1 doorbell camera, it is flashed with the LaView firmware, it is a rebranded HiKVision DS-HD1

Also have 2x Reolink RLC-420-5MP.

They all refresh fine but no motion event, checked with Onvif device manager and the events are showing up just fine.

DM’s the logs - if tou prefer it in a file let me know
THANKS

Is your doorbell still not reporting motion events? I have the EZVIZ rebranded one with the LaView firmware for ONVIF support and it is not working either, I’ll try the HikVision firmware next.

This is not unusual and unfortunately is a factor of the SmartThings platform. My driver provides the rtsp URL immediately, but it can take the platform some time to get the video stream going.

Regarding your motion detection not working - check all options in the manufacturer app to make sure that you have enabled ONVIF event reporting. Every camera brand is a bit unique in that respect.

For those of you having problems getting things to work, you might want to try the ONVIF Device Manager application, which is Windows freeware that allows you to connect and interact with any ONVIF camera. If everything works there - both live streaming and receiving motion events, then that may point to a driver problem.

All - I’m going ahead and pushing out a revised driver that I’ve had some of you test (from my alternate test channel). This driver update adds support for line cross and tamper events for those cameras that support it (e.g. Hikvision, Tapo, etc.). It also supports some Tapo cameras, which weren’t working with the prior driver.

I don’t know if this will help with any of the problems some of you are having, but I guess we’re about to find out. Please keep in mind this driver should still be considered for beta testing.

Updated driver version: 2023-01-31T19:43:39.131336192

The driver will be automatically updated on your hubs, so no direct action is required.

EDIT: I neglected to say that in order to get the new fields for line cross and tamper alert, you may have to delete and rediscover your camera devices. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please report any issues here.

3 Likes

Hi thanks for the reply. The motion detection is on for all my amcrest cameras. I will update driver and see if it works and will try using the windows app and five you a revert

1 Like

Hi, need some help. Was able to detect my camera, but somehow i could not make the motion detection to work. Camera details on the screenshot. I’m using a Hikvision NVR but camera is on the same subnet as my ST Hub. Pls advice.

Hi @TAustin, I was very interested in this ONVIF driver and decided to test it on my camera that has ONVIF, however, I was unsuccessful.

Manufacturer: Intelbras
Model: iME-360
Firmware: 2.680.00IB00L.0.R 2021-12-23
ONVIF enabled in app, version: 18.12
It’s on the same subnet as my SmartThings hub, with no firewall or VPN
Fixed IP of Camera and SmartThings Hub on Router
I have smartthings-cli 1.1.2 installed

On the hub I installed ONVIF Video Camera V1.3 and ONVIF Manual Device Creator V1.1 drivers.
When searching for nearby devices, the hub does not find them. Is there anything I can do?

Hi - Unfortunately I have been unable to get my driver working with Intelbras cameras. They seem to use a form of authentication that my driver does not support.

It’s helpful that you were able to confirm that it is working with ONVIF Device Manager. Clearly it is able to support it ok. If you or anyone else would be willing and able to use Wireshark to capture the transactions between ODM and the camera, I may be able to figure out a solution. Or we need the manufacturer’s technical support to tell us the authorization method they are using. I’ve previously worked with @Dienzora to try and figure this out, but we were unsuccessful.

1 Like

Hi - did you read the Hikvision section in the readme file here? There are some specific configuration settings that need to be done in the manufacturer’s app.

Thank you very much for the feedback and attempts of your driver to work with Intelbras cameras. I’ll iterate with @Dienzora, see if there’s anything we can test and study Wireshark, thanks!

1 Like

@TAustin ,

I tried with my Lorex Wifi camera and NVRs. The controller picked up the 2 NVRs as well as the Wifi camera and created devices for all 3, so far so good. I updated the configuration to set the correct username and password.

none of the 3 seem to actually connect, i see the Utility Info for all three, so its getting some information:

i assume that the connections to the NVR wouldn’t work, there are 8 cameras on one NVR and 6 on the other.

I ran logcat for the wifi camera when i pressed the ‘connect’ button, seems there is a 401 error. i verified the user name and password is correct, is there something else i should check?