[ST Edge] Driver for Ring Keypad 2nd Gen

Hi,
I want to buy this Keypad. Can someone please provide a buying link that have this in stoke and willing to send to Israel ?
I need the EU version since I own a EU ST hub.
Please advise…

Hi @Mario_Kustas
the delay rule is SmartThings Rules API in YAML format. You can use the command such as smartthings rules:create -y -i ./armAway.yaml to install this Rule. Remember to change the device IDs to your own (you can find it using the command smartthings devices.

When the disarm button is pressed I have setup a simple routine to disarm STHM. Which works and changes the STHM status to disarmed as expected.

The problem i have is when i walk in the house the sensors detect an intruder, STHM show’s intruder detected, putting in the pin number and disarm doesn’t dismiss the intruder detected warning so even though STHM is now disarmed, the alarm will still sound.

I cant see anything in routines for dismissing intruder detected.

Feel like im missing something obvious as this must be causing issues for others.

Have you set a delay time in the STHM response? - For my setup, I have a 1 minute delay set in STHM and also run the entry delay on the keypad when a sensor is set off (telling you to disarm within 1 minute). As long as you disarm, you dont get the intruder alert.

Thanks SlySi, it appears I overlooked in STHM response settings, i had the responses delay start set to 1min. I have changed this to the Response Delay below it to 1min. So now the “Entry Delay Started” doesnt prompt when walking in, but as you suggest i need to “run the entry delay on keypad when a sensor is set off”.

How do you do that as i cant see any other options for automating the ring keypad in routines other than changing the Alarm Type or Security Mode.

IF:
Security Mode = Away (Set as precondition) AND Sensor(s) detect movement (1 or more)
THEN:
Control Devices > Ring Keypad > Entry Delay > Find Sensor ‘On’

I only get the following options Under Control Devices > Ring Keypad >

and cant find anything for the entry delay

Sorry, I dont have an answer for that one, this is what mine looks like.

I have around 15 settings, one of them being the entry delay you are after. There was talk above in the posts about different versions of the keypad, are you in the UK?

@hmorsti is most likely the best person to tell why you dont have all the settings.

@Buds_Smart_Home Also posted the same screen shot to you about 10 posts up but it didnt get a response, maybe he worked it out and can help?

Yes I am UK.

It appears @Buds_Smart_Home is using an iPhone. Il try and grab an andriod device on the off chance its a simple app feature.

Thanks for your efforts @SlySi

I am in the US and my screen looks like yours. I am using an iPhone (iOS) device. I suspect this issue is specific to iOS devices and that only Android users have access to the delayEntry and exitEntry functions. hmorsti - This being ture, Is it possible to enable these functions for iOS?

Just added SmartThings to an old android tablet and all the additional options are available so it is a limitation on iOS. Good thing is the new routine setup on the android device is seen in the iOS app still

Thanks for verifying this hotdogride
Just as an aside, if you have a SharpTools account and you grant it permission to access the Ring Alarm Keypad you can find all of the keypad’s functions within SharpTools and write rules to include those functions.

2 Likes

Probably nothing can be done in the driver itself. As we know the iOS app is limited in some ways and it was discussed in many topics before. I suggest reporting it to the support (there should be Contact with the support option in the menu but I’m not able to verify it as I don’t have the iOS). Hopefully they will fix it one day :thinking:

Hopefully. In the meantime, the SharpTools app works nicely. Thank for your work on this hmorsti. :grinning: It works great and has a lot of good features.

2 Likes

I’ve spent some time setting up this and it seems to work really well! Just one thing though, for me I don’t need to enter the PIN code when I select arm away, only when I select arm home (and also disarm). Should it really be like this?

Yes, its by design in the driver, I believe @hmorsti set it like this so armed home isnt set by mistake when going out leaving the system ‘part set’. There is an early post explaining how to change this if required but you would need to install the driver manually after making the change yourself.

1 Like

If anyone has interest, here is my setup of the Ring Keypad Gen 2 within the SmartThings app (I am using an iOS device) & the SharpTools App. The keypad’s ‘exitDelay’ and ‘entryDelay’ functions are not accessible in the ST app while using an iPhone. I therefore needed to create two rules in SharpTools to prompt the visual countdowns using the keypad’s ‘exitDelay’ and ‘entryDelay’ functions. I also created several virtual switches and buttons using TAustin’s vEdge Creator app version 2.9 to be used within the SmartThings routines and the SharpTools rules.

2 Likes

Great video my friend, as all you have made, thanks for share all your knowledge !.

Thanks Carlos!

Is it possible to use keypad with this driver as unlock option for zigbee deadbolt lock?