We are excited to announce that we are testing the ability to update your SmartThings account to a Samsung account. To make sure this feature works well, we are launching a beta, and with your help, we can bring this feature to all existing SmartThings users!
You may be asking yourself, “Why do I care about whether my account is a SmartThings or Samsung account?” Well, let me tell you. The following are the most exciting reasons to begin using a Samsung account:
- Brings you simplicity and access to a wide range of Samsung services
- Interoperability between Samsung Connect and SmartThings:
- All SmartThings users will be able to use Samsung Connect.
- Those of you with new Galaxy phones will be able to use Bixby to control your smart home
Who should sign up for this project?
- SmartThings users who signed up before 5/4/2017
Will I be required to update my account at some point?
- Yes, eventually all SmartThings accounts will be required to update to a Samsung account. The timeframe for that has not been decided yet and will depend largely on this testing.
How do I get started?
- Click here.
Thank you in advance for your time, and we look forward to hearing your feedback!