Samsung Connect App

I found that any devices that are using a custom DTH appear in, but cannot be controlled by, the Samsung Connect app. Those using default handlers can be controlled. That might be what you are running into.

But a question for you and @Automated_House, so you are setting up virtual switches and using them to control the devices that are not otherwise controllable in the Connect app? I hadn’t thought about doing that.

I only have a couple and that’s primarily the case. One gets turned on via IFTTT when a Denver Broncos game starts. Another is so I can turn on Night Mode from Alexa (can’t use the routine straight in Alexa because of locks).

virtual switch saves the day again!

I just created few virtual switches, for devices which I would like to control using gear s3.

1 Like

I’m still a lilttle confused (normal for me). Is the ST app going away eventually and we are to migrate to the Connect app? Or is the ST app staying around with the connect app stuff migrating to the ST app? I seem to see both ways indicated.

Is it safe to select the ST hub in the Connect app yet? Don’t want to do that if there is still issues.

Nobody knows for sure which app the new combined one will be based on. All speculation right now. If you login to the Connect app and see your SmartThings stuff it should be fine to use.

2 Likes

I don’t see any of my ST things in the Connect app. If I click on add and select hub, it brings up ST hub. But not sure if it’s ok to select it and connect or not. Seems to be some horror stories listed above.

Yeah don’t add a hub

1 Like

So it seems Sammy/Smartthings wants me to switch to Samsung connect… but I had to create an account? My Smartthings account didn’t work. Then I had an option after a little digging to add a hub with the claim code, I don’t want to set up the hub from scratch! Is this the intended migration? Sorry to rage, just not sure if anyone has switched to the new app with minimal pain.

Wonderful… Thanks for the info though!

Interesting, I just got a very different story with my issue… I was told currently existing accounts can’t be migrated. They’re working on a way to do that, but I fear that won’t support things like WebCore and SmartTiles even.
It begins!
tenor

What makes you believe they want you to switch? the email I received said to keep using the current app.

Robin I think you’re referring to the SmartThings classic app. I think Keith is using the new SmartThings (Samsung Connect) app, which requires a Samsung login.

2 Likes

OK, I’m super confused by this. I did just read about the new smartthings app (connect). I installed it, used my same smartthings account, nothing there…

Old smartthings app still works OK for me.

What’s the (current) deal?

Got it thanks. Just chatted with support, they are working on some migration tool. So apparently use classic for now…

I believe that everyone is going to be put through the same process that all of us in the Account Migration Beta went through. You can read the beginning of that thread from last year to get an idea.

For now, you don’t need to do a thing. Use ST as you have always been using it. No need to cross over to the new App yet.

When you see the Migration Banner Page magically show up in your current ST Classic app, you will then know you have to cutover. And if you are lucky, maybe ST will send out an email notification ahead of time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And if youre really lucky, they’ve fixed the bugs.

1 Like

1 in 302,575,350. Equivalent to Mega Millions.

2 Likes

3 Likes