Ive been working on the Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor for a while now and have finally got it to a point where it is responsive and meets all my requirements.
- It can create two child devices for the two contact sensors and automatically updates them without a smart app (and you dont need to install extra device handlers as I use the default SmartThings testing ones).
- If you change the device handler for the child contact sensors to a “Simulated Motion Sensor” then the child devices will work as motion sensors instead of contact sensors.
- It can cope with four temperature sensors and negative temperatures but might behave erratically with Fahrenheit. - Note that temperature sensors have to be connected at the point you pair/include the UBS into SmartThings, otherwise it doesnt send/update the temperatures.
- It can create child devices for the temperature sensors aswell (without needing a smart app) - though it will only create them if you have received temperature information from the UBS already.
- Lots of improved debugging and logging.
- The settings panel is vastly improved with information about each setting/parameter.
Ive given it quite a good bit of testing but please give it a whirl and let me know what you think.