SmartThings Community

Fibaro - Universal Binary Sensor - Does it work with Smart Things

(Dean) #65

Yeah top work WBM this has got up and running again :grinning: I have 2 contact sensors and 2 temp probes on the one fibario universal I have un commented the contacts code in device handler and added back in the code into smart app for contacts and I’m up and running again yay.:+1:
I have two more fus’s sitting wait to do stuff which I should now be able to do, one for infared beam across drive and the other for two more temp probes and doorbell.

I would get you a beer but it sounds like you’ve got it covered :joy:

Let us know when you’ve got the fix for minus temps.

Cheers

Great stuff! Really is an amazing little device!

(Wayne) #67

I currently have a hardwired alarm system which I’m pretty happy with. Was hoping to get it “smarter” by just getting it somehow connected to smartthings via one of these UBS. I would like to be able to detect whether or not my system is in armed or not and to also be able to detect if the siren is fired. I’m pretty sure the company who services my system can provide me with a couple of connections to indicate these states. Is there anything specific I need to ask for?

(cjcharles) #68

@Stichx360 Im not sure if you are still using your Powermax but I have finally done my integration of Powermax with Smartthings. I can now set/unset the alarm via SmartThings, can see the alarm status and even see when the contact sensors/door sensors change state. Its certainly not perfect yet, but wondered if anybody else would be interested in it - if so I will tidy up the code for release. It is based around a WeMos D1 R2 (serves as a direct replacement for the Powerlink inside)

UK Alarm / Security System that is ST Compatible--advice needed (2018 build)
(James) #69

Nice one!

Yes please share.

I’ve been working on it myself with a raspberry pi but haven’t had a lot of time lately, plus it’s not done yet lol.

What you’ve done is exactly what I want to do.

Thanks for coming back.

(cjcharles) #70

Will move the chat to the Visonic thread to make it a bit more relevant, have responded to you there.

(Steve) #71

Well thats interesting… I have just had one of these die on me (I have 2, both in my alarm panel).

They failed ‘closed’ so that’s kinda thankful but slightly worrying since its responsible for relaying the PIR signal back to the alarm panel. It would not have picked up an intruder!

Currently in the middle of getting it RMA’ed

(Rich) #72

I am trying to do the same thing, but have the advantage (sort of) of installing the alarm system myself. You need to have volt free contacts i.e. normally open, that close on an event. I have installed a relay board in my alarm to do this. I have then wired in the UBS to the relay outputs. I have one contact change when the alarm is “set” and one change when “alarm” is fired. By using a meter i have checked that the relays change state on the alarm but for some reason the UBS stays with the same output i.e. open. What i can’t tell at the moment is if this is a problem with the DTH or a problem with the UBS having failed.

(Borristhecat) #73

Did you get anywhere with this in the end @DT39 as im after the same thing? I’m new to ST but plan to TRY and teach myself the code, but need to get a few devices working so I can work out what’s going on 1st !

(Borristhecat) #76

Hi,
I think I have managed to tweak the motion/ contact sensor DH made by @Fuzzyligic and create a dual contact + temperature DH.
I have only tested it with one sensor as that’s all I need, but it seems to work.
I’m planning on using them behind the switch plate as a toggle switch as well as temperatures sensor around the house. Also planning to use them as door/ window contacts.

(Borristhecat) #77

Hi @cjcharles I edited the simulated contact sensor and managed to make it read only if you still need it?

(cjcharles) #78

Thanks, sorted that a while ago now and all is working well.

(Anon) #79

Hi,

Don’t work for me, all temperatures – . Can anyone confirm that it works with 4 DS18B20 + Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor ?

Thanks!

Hi, I have the code working but can change the simulated contact sensor manually, how did you make it read only and did this solve the problem?
Thanks

(Borristhecat) #81

@cjcharles has been working on a new DH for this @ Fibaro binary input (Dual contact and temperature sensor) if your having issue.

I just altered the ST simulated contact sensor so that it was read only in the app so didnt fix anything it just made it so you could only physically change it rather than virtually as well. But with the new DH you wont need a app to link the devices and wont need to manually create them as it will do it for you.

(cjcharles) #82

Yes after the tweaks I expect I will leave it so thst in the parent you can manually change the contact state, but the children you cannot. That is because the UBS does sometimes miss a state change, hence it is useful to be able to manually (virtually) correct it.

(Borristhecat) #83

yeah thats what I was thinking/ hoping too is that possible then?

Follow this link to get the four probes working:

I have not tested this DH with the four probes. If you get it working with this one, please shout!

(Anon) #85

Hi,

Good job, I try with new Fibaro Binary Sensor and four probes, It’s working.

(cjcharles) #86

Pasting this here as a new released version of the UBS device handler. The associated thread should also allow us to work towards a single (ideally perfect) device handler. Ive made quite a few improvements and support child devices for both temperature and contact (that way you can link them to other things through CoRE/WebCore for example).