Post Requests for LAN/WIFI Edge Drivers Here (community-created)

I’d really like this too. The Shelly EM driver doesn’t work. I’ve got this connected via wifi cause eventually I’ll get it set up in my switchboard and really don’t wanna add lan if I don’t have to

I have the following two WiFi devices (oil radiators), connected to SmartLife app:

  • Smart Heater OH200 XA-9
  • ProBreeze OmniWarm 2500W

Is there any way to get Edge drivers that will allow me to connect these devices directly to SmartThings?

To the best of my knowledge there are no Edge Drivers for Tuya WiFi devices. You have to use the official Tuya or SmartLife cloud to cloud integrations. Unfortunately many devices don’t work with these integration. There is a work around that provides one way integrations for some devices that don’t work with the official integration. See the following:

Don’t know if this is the right place but i’m tired of waiting a official integration between Samsung and LG AC devices in Brazil. Home Assistant has an official and also third party integrations and i already tested bringing ACs from HA to smartthings through matter. But, I want to avoid a home server for now :melting_face:.Anyone interested in developing a driver?

Is there a published API?

Yes!

Thanks. I’ll take a look, but no promises :slight_smile:

What is the most important functionality are you looking for within SmartThings?

If you don’t, I may also be able to take a run at it.

A quick first look at the website looks like this is not going to be local. The API executes against their cloud server, which an Edge driver can’t do directly - only through a proxy or something like my Edgebridge app, and it sounds like you are trying to avoid that.

You would probably need some kind of smart app to provide this integration, which needs to run on an internet server.

Yes, it’s a cloud api indeed.

If I’m going to need a proxy device, probably easier just run HA with the already existing integration and bring to smartthings through matter. :sweat_smile:

Miss the days that smartapps could be hosted on smartthings servers :disappointed_face:

Requesting an Edge driver for AirGradient ONE Air Quality Monitor.

The following is an easy to install proxy device the can be installed on an existing Android tv device.

thanks @Paul_Oliver ! I’m already running this exact solution :wink: