@WooBooung and @TAustin , I wan’t to bring this topic here to share my experience:
Yesterday, while browsing one Korean Smartthings community, I stumbled upon a thread about integrating the LG ThinQ API using an edge driver + EdgeBridge (https://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=smartthings&no=14539).
I immediately remembered this topic and an old Huawei MatePad T8 (EMUI 10.1 - Android 10) that was lying unused and decided to give this solution a try. Since this tablet doesn’t have native support for Google Play Services, I was able to install and Run Android EdgeBridge using GBox.
But what about the edge driver? I also found an excellent search engine for Edge Drivers (something Samsung could have made available officially a long time ago): ST Edge Driver Search & Finder | 스마트싱스 엣지 드라이버 검색기. Using this search engine, I was able to find the “LG ThinQ Bridge” driver developed by someone called “Lucentis”. This is the channel’s invite link: SmartThings. Add a little smartness to your things.
The LG ThinQ Bridge device automatically found the AEB server (mDNS). In the device settings, you need to enter the LG ThinQ PAT, generated at https://connect-pat.lgthinq.com/login, the region of your LG account, and enable the creation of child devices according to the type of LG device you want to control (air conditioner in my case).
After that, child devices were automatically created for each of the 3 air conditioners I have in my ThinQ app with a nice interface. The controls work correctly for most functions (except for the energy saving mode control and vertical oscillation) and several automation options are available for routines.
Now i will also transform the MatePad T8 in a nice dashboard with sharptools ![]()
@TAustin Thank you for EdgeBridge
@WooBooung Thank you for AEB
And thanks to Lucentis!!



