Petition for Early Release of Rule Machine to Run Locally

Continuing the discussion from [UPDATED] Rule Machine with Triggers:

Those in favor, say AYE!!!

36 Likes

AYE!

The trick will be for Rule Machine to become a stable (by stable I mean not changing, itā€™s very stable in terms of reliability). @bravenel is making great!!! updates week to week.

Please please please please please do this ST!

3 Likes

Absolutely, 1000% agreeā€¦ if ST management wants us to sign some ā€˜we hold you blameless for potential issuesā€™ thing, Iā€™m more than happy to do that!

3 Likes

How about de-coupling the rules from the firmware so we can upload our own rules on the HUB. Allow user to upload the rules from the IDE onto the HUB directly. Sure you can limit the number of rules to keep the system stable. but for now AYEEE to rule machine for local processingā€¦

3 Likes

Another AYE hereā€¦20chars

1 Like

I agree completely! Itā€™s been a rocky ride for the past month, a lot of evolution in a short time. In hindsight, I had to figure it out through doing it to get to where it is now. I do think the structural evolution has reached a stable point for the future.

6 Likes

What he saidā€¦ AYE!

For the record I love and encourage the evolution. Itā€™s natural. In fact Iā€™m impressed with how solid the releases are. I couldnā€™t do it.

2 Likes

I suspect this will only happen if ST makes it an official app.

AYE

I expect neither will happen.

1 Like

Cā€™mon Bruce, it will be @alexā€™s Christmas gift to all of us!

Aye for sure. Great work.

What process? It is unmanned.

2 Likes

100% agree that Rule Machine should be allowed to run locally, for reasons previously mentioned). That said, SmartThings is not a democracy, so I suspect our ā€œpetitionā€ will accomplish little more than a feel good.

AYE!!! (20 char)

+1 Aye!!!

(20 chars)

Itā€™s been in the ā€œprocessā€ for 19 days. Nada. There it sits, and most likely will to continue to sit. I have other submissions in the same position in the process, that have been there much longer. I repeat, there is no process. Face it, community apps are a PIA for them, bottom of a pile that grows daily.

1 Like

Aye!

What is STā€™s attitude/policy towards local apps? I saw a flurry of complaints when v2 was released with so much less than what was expected by the community, but I donā€™t hear much now. Is what we have now, pretty much it? Or is there some indication local can be opened up (sometime down the road)? Is some security provision needed first?

AYE!!!

However, I donā€™t hold my breath about being soonā€¦

I could be convinced to upgrade to v2 if this were to occur. Only then will it be worth it to reconfigure all my devices onto the new hub. AYE for me. As it sits right now, cloud is so broken, I donā€™t see upgrading in the near future. Is it even an upgrade right now? Or more a side load?

1 Like