Ady624 SmartThings Staff

@ady624, when did you become ST staff?! Maybe I missed it but congrats! Seems like webCoRE should be officially offered as the official stock rule engine?

31 Likes

One of the best moves ST could make. Congrats and hears hoping webCoRE gets a lot more attention!:metal:

9 Likes

man i hope this for real and not some cruel joke

2 Likes

hmm… CoRE = Community owned Rule Engine :slight_smile:
Does that change now? Not that I have an opinion one way or another… but the impact could be big.

Also, there were a number of other cool projects e.g. Homeclould server.

Anyway… Congratulations!

It was “community’s own,” not “community-owned.” Just sayin’… :wink:

9 Likes

Rename it to SoRE? lol, i kid, i kid :wink:

4 Likes

What is this?

Did someone say Local Processing? :+1:

8 Likes

I use it for DigitalLife only but there are options for IFTTT Maker and MyQ.

I am sure a app developer could add additional cloud integrations…

1 Like

This is the best thing that could happen for ST, No offence to the other ST coders!
He has the brain the size of a planet even if the diodes in his left arm still hurt - probably from too much typing! Ha!

Google HGTTG if you’re confused.

3 Likes

How could an “open source” project keep this a secret? :speak_no_evil: :confused:

9 Likes

Definitely set this thread to tracking. Excited to hear what this might mean!

Awesome to hear this! Adrian is the shiznit!

3 Likes

@ady624 is going to get to the CoRE of all ST related issues.

8 Likes

@ady624 congrats on the new role

This is hilarious!!!

2 Likes

Ohooooooo!!! Another Good One!

1 Like

While I am happy to hear this, has anyone really gotten definite confirmation of this? If this is true, that is awesome.

6 Likes

I’m sure it’s true… The “Staff” label on the Forum is enough evidence; though it could be a just a Contract.

As to whether it is “awesome” - I’m sure it’s great for Adrian, but for SmartThings, Community, and Customers - that’s entirely subjective and speculative.

It’s great and fun to be optimistic… But I wouldn’t be myself if I didn’t inject a little bit of realism here. Come on, folks… I don’t think this is earth shattering.

(/wet blanket mode off).

1 Like