I know from reading various posts people run into challenges getting Aqara sensors paired to Smartthings via Edge drivers.
Having done a few deployments of this recently I have a method that works every time for me so thought I would place useful tips here hoping they help someone else also. I realize that not everyone has the same setup or the same environment but these tips should be fairly universal.
- Overall I have 17 Aqara devices deployed.
- You can see below, the bulk are contact sensors but I also have vibration, temp humidity, wireless button, motion sensor , water leak and even an Aqara smart plug.
- 4 of those devices route through Ikea Tradfri Control Outlets.
- These sensors were physically located at the edge of the Zigbee network so they would often drop registration.
- My current Zigbee channel is 20 .
- While I have no documented proof of this yet my perception is this channel is typically 100% in getting this registered quickly and correctly.
- Another user has channel 25 working for them .
- From a Drivers perspective usage breaks down like this also please note i am not saying these are the only drivers that work just the ones I am currently running.
- QTY 7 Contact Sensors = Zigbee Sensors Edge Driver [YG] 1.8.14
- QTY 3 Motion = Xiaomi Motion Sensor
- QTY 3 Vibration = Zigbee Sensors Edge Driver [YG] 1.8.14
- QTY 1 Water Leak = Zigbee Aqara Water Leak Sensor Mc
- QTY 1 Temperature and Humidty = Xiaomi Temperature
- QTY 1 Smart Outlet = Xiamoi Plug
- QTY 1 Button = Xiaomi/Aqara Switch and Button v1.6
Having set everything up with the above this is the approach I take every time and every time it works to get these devices registered.
- I make sure that I can get the Sensor within 1 inch of the front of my Aeotec v3 hub.
- Run a scan for devices in Smartthings
- For each sensor I follow the process of holding down the pairing button for 5 seconds until I see the 3 blinks. I then press the reset button on a 1 second cadence always ending it before the scanning cycle completes. (No proof currently but again my perception of this is over a few different deployments is that ending before the scan cycle works the best)
- For the plug its generally the same except you are holding down the Power Button
- Device Registers
As I have moved things around in my home I have factory restored the v3 hub and in some cases not but as long as I am on channel 20 , less than an inch between hub\sensor and follow this cadence it is 100% successful.
Hopefully this helps someone and feel free to ask any questions as I will gladly share whatever I have learned.