NUE Zigbee 3.0 Smart 3 Gang Switch not showing individual switches in new Connect App or Google Home

Hi, I am a new member to the SmartThings world and brought myself a SmartThings Hub v3 from the USA back to Australia. I already had three LIFX WiFi colour lights and an August Door Lock Pro + Connect (American import).

As a trial, I bought a NUE Zigbee 3.0 Smart 3 Gang Switch (for lights) from eBay. After downloading the device handler from the vendor’s website and importing that into the IDE, I am able to operate the three lights (behind the switches) with the Classic App. It shows up as a single “Thing”, but once you select it, you get the three sub-switch options.

https://3asmarthome.com/downloads

Unfortunately, on the SmartThings Connect (new) App, the switch shows up as a single “Device”, and when selecting it, it presents an On/Off switch option, that doesn’t do anything. It certainly doesn’t present the three switches available on the device!?

The same problem exists when integrating the SmartThings (Samsung) account in Google Home. It imports the “Device”, but only presents a single non-working On/Off option. I have bought a few more of these smart light switches, so would like to work with the latest and greatest, and especially Google Home.

Is this the limitation of the new SmartThings Connect App, or can we get it to work by changing something in the handler through the IDE?

Thx, Niels

This is a limitation of how the DTH was written for the device. If it was rewritten as a multichannel master/slave device it would work as expected.

Until that happens you can use core\webcore to translate on1/off1 commands from your device to virtual switches and google home will be able to see and control the virtual switches.
Personally i would return those switches and buy multiple single gang single load switches. You’ll have less issues over the long run.

Thank you
Can you explain where/how can I “use core\webcore to translate on1/off1 commands from your device to virtual switches”?
*I am trying to use one of a triple for a virtual 2-way switch, It worked before the hard reset of the smarthings hub, so there must be a way to do that.

WebCore has not worked with SmartThings for about a year. You need to use native Routines.

1 Like

Thank you.
After pairing the triple switch, it works as follows:
I tried the routines and any of the three switches operated the routine.
When operating the switch from the app, it controls only the right-hand side switch (circuit 1).
When operating, directly, on any of the three switches, it indicates to smart things that the app is on.

In case, I can’t find any digital solution, I think about connecting an additional device that will receive power from L1 and send an indication to the Hub, and using this device for the routine.
Do you know such a componant?

What is the manufacturer, model and protocol of your 3 gang switch. There are some Edge drivers that let you generate child devices for each gang from setting.

There is also a virtual mirror switch that works good with multi-gang switches.

I guess 'Nue is the manufacturer but I’m not sure where to find the protocol[

You could try using the “ZigBee Multi Switch and Child” driver.

(EDGE Driver-Mc): Zigbee Switch Mc, Zigbee Switch Power Mc, Zigbee Multi Switch and Child Mc.

If that doesn’t work pair it with the “ZigBee Thing Mc” driver and post the results in Mariano’s tread and ask if he can add the fingerprints (mfg. and model from ZigBee Thing) to his driver.

I’ll try
Thank you very much!