I have two Hubs in my home, a V2 in the house and a V3 in my shop. I seem to have more and more issues with the V2 in the house dropping devices and not working. I added two floor sensors about a week ago and the one that is about 10 feet from the hub is just about always off line, the other one is on more then off but it doesn’t seem to reliable either. I have two door looks that will not work and always have in the past. I have gone as far as removing them and readding them to the Hub, still no work. It shows them but they don’t do anything. The good night routine is hit or miss on turning all the lights off, some times it takes like 5 minutes to shut them off.
Smartthings doesn’t seem like they are keeping up with the times, should I be looking at better options.
So is it a Hub issue? If so can you replace a Hub and transfer all the devices without trying to re add them all one at a time
It is getting to the point of unusable, 2 minutes to turn lights on and off. This is both with devices that do and don’t have a driver. Some devices that list a driver give a network error when using them.
One door lock says connected yet no lock state or battery level, can’t lock or unlock it and no driver option to click on.
The other lock is off line but lists a lock state and battery level. Also doens’t work and Driver is greyed out, can’t click on it.
once you get it connected, go to the Devices section and locate the devices that you are experiencing issues with. Hightlight one, click on Details and take a screenshot of each details box and post them. Do that for each one. That should allow other community members to assist you better in resolving issues. My guess is these devices have automatically been migrated over to stock Edge drivers and they are causing the issues you noted. Others can point you to community developed Edge drivers that should resolve.
There’s no reason a garden variety GE/Jasco dimmer would be causing slow mesh performance just because it’s still on a DTH. I’ve got a mix of Leviton, GE/Jasco, and Zooz with about 75% migrated automatically to stock Edge drivers and the other 25% on stock DTHs. Performance is fine.
I’m not an expert troubleshooter but isn’t the all-zeros in the device noted as “Door Lock” indicative of a problem?
In the API Browser, the Type field will be DTH for anything using the old Groovy device-type-handlers.
My best guess is you’ve got an issue with some device on your z-wave mesh. Either a ghost device or something flooding the mesh.
You’ve posted details for a device named “Door Lock” which has zeros in a couple fields where it should not. I’d start with removing that device using general exclusion followed by deleting it. Even though the IDE isn’t trustworthy, I’d verify that the device is not visible in the IDE after removal. Then do a Z-wave repair, wait a couple of hours and do a second Z-wave repair.
Leave things like that for a day and see if responses are better.
Back in the all-Groovy days there was some chance of finding ghost devices by noting an Unknown Device in the routing field. I’m not sure what tools there are for diagnosing that problem now.