Hub Firmware Release Scheduled for 1/21/16 (Hub V2)

Lovely… which means my stuck rule in Rule Machine is probably still wedged… grrrr

Check the logs, you probably didn’t notice. Time to take a walk and see how many SmartSense sensors stopped working…

Update: no zigbee devices MIA…

1 Like

That’s a separate issue that wasn’t expected to be fixed with this specific update, hopefully we should see an Android app update of sorts that will soon.

I bet 20 chars that it’s still stuck!

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so quick to call it “not essential”, since in the absence of a migration tool, this was suggested as a recommended method for migrating Z-Wave devices.

Oh I know… Just pointing out that it’s gotten so bad that I can barely use the App and 50% of my actions in it fail.

2 Likes

That was likely in reference to excluding devices that aren’t in range of the hub, since that can’t be done through repeaters. I believe all our supported Z-Wave repeaters support network-wide inclusion, so you should be able to include devices without using the minimote

Now that’s interesting!

30 seconds later my kitchen motion sensor checked in (it actually seems to do that WAY more than anything else).

I just finished migrating from v1 - I started trying to use the minimote to exclude but it wasn’t as reliable or easy as just using the phone app - although switching between My Home and My Home locations wasn’t a great joy. Adding to the v2 using the phone app worked pretty well, too. The only issue I had was with the door locks but they are security protocol devices and I’m pretty sure that you can’t use the minimote to include in that case either. I just had to get out the really long Ethernet cable.

Don’t get me wrong - the whole manual upgrade process requiring an individual exclude and the reinclude was a total pain - I just can’t blame the inability of using the minimote as a huge contributing factor - or even a negative factor…

I tell a lie:

1 Like

@guywmartin, I guess we are the “rare edge cases” that Tim was talking about :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Well, my wife does say I’m a ‘case’, but I think she uses a different word than ‘edge’… :smile:

That being said, I can’t see how some of these things (like breaking apps because you change state data in the Cloud arbitrarily) are considered ‘edge cases.’

1 Like

Hey, look at the positive side…The “fix” put in place lasted almost 3 months! That in itself is a new record. :trophy:

2 Likes

So here’s a good one, I’m working with support on this. I have a v2 hub - it didn’t upgrade to the .22 firmware and as of yet hasn’t upgraded to this current firmware. It’s only since Oct old. And i has .8 firmware.

It now appears that in order to upgrade it, they may have to provide a new Hub? Curious, never heard of an upgrade being prevented due to a hardware issue, unless there is some internal ID, key, etc that is stored internally in flash or other, that has somehow got munged and won’t allow the upgrade to take place.

But even then you’d think a default if possible would remedy that? I guess I’ll know when I hear back from support… very bizarre however.

has it rebooted recently… I had one hub that would not update with the last two firmwares till I rebooted it… However, it did update to this one automatically.

oh, it’s been rebooted more times than I want to think about because everything just get stuck and doesn’t run.

Are you pulling the power out AND making sure you are removing the batteries as well?

Larry,

received the same MISMATCH log. Do you have any information on this?