Hub Firmware Release Scheduled for 1/21/16 (Hub V2)

You’ve been on this platform long enough to know that’s not a bet you want to make! :slight_smile: A bigger bet is the over/under on how long it will take us all to ‘recover’ from this version and get our homes back to a working state, especially as relates to things like Rule Machine.

I’m wondering if this also fixes the ‘Unexpected Error’ issue, which has basically rendered one of my Rule Machine rules useless (to the point I may have to delete/recreate it). As ST CEO says, ‘This is a gadget’…

Time to move beyond gadget to actual consumer grade quality… I’ll try to remain optimistic, but am mentally preparing for the worst.

hub v2, US customer Rev E
zwaveSucID: 00
zwaveVersion: 3.83

Though I haven’t updated yet at all but it must have been like this all the time. For reference I have a MiniMote and my Wink hub was powered on but not in use when I migrated over to ST.

I have two hubs in diff locations… same as you… I believe the comment that it is secondary controller is incorrect.

The solution mentioned by @duncan at the end of the thread is to reset a hub’s z-wave network, → Delete the hub or location while the hub is online. When you claim it again, make sure the zwaveSucID is 01, otherwise repeat.

Will I lose my set up if I do this? Do I need to do this from the primary account? I cannot imagine removing everything from my hub again … I’ve just got too many smart apps configured…

mine too, Z wave is still 3.83

1 Like

In that thread @duncan did mention that he was pretty confident that it could be fixed without a hub reset, but I’m not sure how high on the priority list it is.

I’m optimistic… On a scale of 1-10, I’m a -4.
But, I’m trying to move to the right!

It’s kind of like life! I want to pay of my debt so I can be worth absolutely nothing!

2 Likes

The Z-Wave version is the version of the Z-Wave protocol stack. All of our custom Z-Wave code is in the main firmware that was updated.

I think I have a fix for the SucID bug, but it isn’t in this release, as its feature-freeze was a while ago.

Yes you will lose everything if you delete your location. I only suggested that as an alternative to requesting a replacement hub, which would also require setting up everything again.

1 Like

Great to hear that you may have a fix in the future. I just spent 3 weeks moving everything up from a v1 hub. I really, really don’t want to do that again anytime soon.

I guess I missed what the effect of having a zwave sucid of 00 causes… What is the downside?

Thanks!

both my hubs updated but still show the old zwave firmware version… is this a problem ???

ie
**hubcoreVersion: 000.014.00026 **
• localIP: 192.168.11.140
• localSrvPortTCP: 39500
• localSrvPortUDP: 0
• macAddress: ssss
• updaterVersion: 53
• uptime: 176
• videocoreVersion: 0.8.6
• zigbeeChannel: 19
• zigbeeEui: ssss
• zigbeeFirmware: 2.1.6
• zigbeeNodeID: 0000
• zigbeePanID: 27EB
• zigbeePowerLevel: -6
• zwaveControllerStatus: 1D
• zwaveHomeID: FDF51FA7
• zwaveNodeID: 01
• zwavePowerLevel: full
• zwaveRegion: US
• zwaveSerialVersion: 4
• zwaveSucID: 00
**• zwaveVersion: 3.83 **

1 Like

Holy Mary, Mother of Gawd, :slight_smile:

hub updater action: notify, status: SUCCESS, target: 00000000, version: 00000030, hardwareInfo: 0006
Name Value
archivable true
date 2016-01-21 8:37:29.000 AM PST (2016-01-21T16:37:29.000Z)
description hub updater action: notify, status: SUCCESS, target: 00000000, version: 00000030, hardwareInfo: 0006
displayed false
eventSource HUB

got my update hub core updated. Zwave stayed the same

Are you guys forcing an update somehow, or are they happening in waves? Mine still shows version 000.014.00022

No, the Z-Wave protocol stack has not been updated, and likely won’t be often. You should not expect zwaveVersion to change. All Z-Wave changes we make are part of hubCore.

Also, to be clear this update does not include a fix for zwaveSucID: 00 – that will be in the next update. The only downside is that if you have a secondary controller like the Minimote you won’t be able to use its “+ device” button to add devices to your hub’s z-wave network. It’s an advanced Z-Wave feature and not essential to SmartThings functionality.

6 Likes

looks like even though the firmware has been updated something didn’t work right… this Is in my logs for hub events
please advise
or should I open a support ticket…

hub updater action: apply, result: PACKAGE_MISMATCH, target: 00000000, version: 00000030, hardwareInfo: 000D
2016-01-21 2:38:24.829 PM EST
12 minutes ago HUB register register register

same on both of my hubs.

I know this has been asked previously but I don’t think anybody has answered.
Two questions I suppose:-

1). Is there an update for the V1 hub being released?
2). If no update being considered, is the V1 hub now classed as obsolescent and therefore not being supported anymore?

Thanks in advance.

1. Not today
  2. No. ST has said it will continue to be supported and we’ve heard no plans to drop support for it since.

Yoo hoo…

AND, and, and…

I thought this was fixed a long time ago, but was hoping it will be fixed again today, I guess not…

@slagle What happened to the "checks put in place on 10/30, have they been reversed?

Mine updated around 1:30 central, didn’t go offline, didn’t even notice. Good job ST!

Mine updated… Seems ok so far but I’m not at home… Thigh the wife had blown up phone about the evil robot b*tch not working again!

But, I’m hair to see I’m stool getting the red “expected error” banner even more now!