Hub Firmware Release Scheduled for 1/21/16 (Hub V2)

Well, I’ll go try that, but I have done that a couple of weeks ago

1 Like

no one responded here and I filed a bug report but haven’t heard anything… anyone else get this?

yes it is not a full reboot without removing batteries… in fact it is not a reboot at all. I run mine without batteries and on a ups, with a wemo wifi swtich so I can reboot fully remotely … after the last update scare…

recommend you try that… I bet it will update.

I am having an issue, several actually and they are the same issues I’ve had for the last couple days listed in another thread. I guess my hopes of a fix with the hub update was a complete waste of time. Great, half my shit isn’t working any more, support hasn’t responded to my ticket, no one at ST is answering, recommending anything or helping in any fashion. ST once again broke shit and if they fix it will take forever or they will just recommend removing and re-adding everything.

offline whats not working… if zwave stuff have you tried zwave repair… look at logs too… if you have one bad device it can brake a connection chain and cause this… usually the repair fixes that but the one device will then be the only one not working (assuming the repair runs)

I have the same entry in my logs. I had:

hub updater action: notify, status: SUCCESS, target: 00000000, version: 00000030, hardwareInfo: 000D

Then he hub rebooted and I got this message:

hub updater action: apply, result: PACKAGE_MISMATCH, target: 00000000, version: 00000030, hardwareInfo: 000D

I am really confused because this is the version reported:

hubcoreVersion: 000.014.00026

I believe you! Was just making sure :smile:

Maybe a hardware failure could cause writable memory to become read only or something? Very interesting, let us know how you get on!

Add me to the package mismatch group:

Name Value
archivable true
date 2016-01-21 2:38:32.720 PM EST (2016-01-21T19:38:32.720Z)
description hub updater action: apply, result: PACKAGE_MISMATCH, target: 00000000, version: 00000030, hardwareInfo: 000D

I think the confusion is that @djtucker reported that his zwaveVersion is now reporting 4.05, and many of us are still seeing 3.83. His seemed to change with today’s update. Why the difference in the two hubs?

1 Like

I am seeing weirdness in SHM status. I manually disarmed my SHM via the mobile app because my son left his phone in my wife’s car and she is out. So the the house thought it was empty and SHM did what it was suppose to do. In IDE it shows SHM as disarmed but in the mobile app it shows as armed away after the manually disarming via the mobile app. Maybe it will clear up when one of us gets home but thought I would report.

What exactly does this mean? ?

PACKAGE_MISMATCH

I posted a while back about this and filed a bug report .no reply… just a guess but I as a s/w person would assume it means that one package didn’t match what they were expecting and didn’t update… that is the best case… the worst is the whole update didn’t happen even though the version changed… (wouldn’t put it passed them) :frowning:

what are all these in my log?

How do we know if we got the update? Does anyone know for sure? Mine says hubcoreVersion: 000.014.00026 updated last 2016-01-21 7:56 PM UTC. Seems like I got the update but who knows . If I did get I didn’t even notice nothing went down or anything like that .

you got it .00026 is the update

1 Like

looks like portal issues are happening again IE or Chrome keeps prompting me for my password and live log isnt working

The IDE issue is another separate issue, the site is load balanced so I’m guessing certain servers in the pool are having issues, usually if you refresh it’s fine but occasionally you land on a server that takes ages to load a page.

The team that deals specifically with the IDE are looking into it.

@slagle What happens if you have your V2 hub sitting in a box? What happens when you do decide to turn it on, does it automatically get its firmware updated?

Like @erocm1231 said, someone has reported that their zwaveVersion has changed, and a lot of us are seeing PACKAGE_MISMATCH. What are the chances that the two are connected? Could part of the update not run because of a software issue?

Add me to the 3.83 and PACKAGE_MISMATCH group as well. Everything seems to be chugging along fine, but the error and version number reported earlier make me wonder…

1 Like

Thanks. I believe I found the fault and I most say I am sorry. My thoughts are this. I had an alarm stay because the house went into an ad-hoac alarm mode of intrusion for the notifications. So the mismatch would seem to make sense.Once i cleared the odes were in sync.