Hub Firmware Release Notes - 17.12/17.13/17.14

My hub has now updated multiple times to 17.12?

2017.04.06 @ 14:16:46 CDT - updated - 000.016.00014
2017.04.06 @ 14:28:10 CDT - updated - 000.017.00012
2017.04.06 @ 14:28:10 CDT - updated - 000.017.00012
2017.04.06 @ 14:28:11 CDT - updated - 000.017.00012
2017.04.06 @ 14:38:50 CDT - updated - 000.017.00012
2017.04.07 @ 08:25:54 CDT - updated - 000.017.00012

My hub has gone offline at least twice…maybe more…just find it odd. The few lights I checked appear to be working. One automation that should have turned off some stuff around 8AM didn’t fire.

Well I choose to look on the funny side of things. All of my sensors are showing as offline at the moment, apart from the broken one, which continues picking up motion every couple of minutes!

Just about sums up my week!

Have a good weekend all, and @nastevens, we love you really!

1 Like

So, I got the email that I was supposed to be updated yesterday, but based on what I’m seeing in the IDE, I’m still on 16.14. Come to think of it, I didn’t get any “hub offline…hub online” messages that I experience during normal upgrades. I did pull the network cable just in case it’s the cached thing mentioned earlier in this thread, but still 16.14. Things just running behind a bit still?

Mine did as well…Sounds like it wasn’t just your hub…at 6:20PST?

I’ve also had my hub go offline and “update” again about 2-3 times now.

My hub updated yesterday, but the smartapp still reported 16.14 until this morning. Now it says 17.12. All sensors are functioning normally and everything appears to running smoothly. I have not had any off-line issues this morning like others are reporting.

Here, here. Well said on both accounts.

I too am in the tech industry and I think we can all agree that very little tech these days is without its faults. And even with the hiccups and issues, I am extremely pleased with what my house is capable of doing and the level of support we get for the initial $99 hub investment. Yes, we spend lots of money on the things we attach to it, but we always come back to the ST to get it working. My experience with the manufactures of these other things that we purchase don’t have the same response and dedication that the ST team provides on a daily basis. For instance, I waited for 1.5 months for Osram to replace my RGBW bulb!

I never went into this thinking its a perfect technology. I’m an early adopter with the feeling that we’re helping to make something more reliable in the future for a larger customer base who is less technical. This is a tinker project for me that provides a cool and convenience factor.

Thanks to everyone at ST and our community for making this great.

JR

6 Likes

Edited - Sending to @nastevens as a PM.

T minus 20 minutes, let the fun begin, lol.

Wonder if I can convince my boss I need to take today off… :slight_smile: “yes sir, my sentient house is having an operation today and I need to be there just in case something happens… I’ts not serious but I really should be there for them” If that works for me I’ll let you know. Happy Friday everyone.

6 Likes

Hey all - there are some unrelated cloud issues right now (which you may be experiencing), so we have not started the firmware update. I’ll keep everyone posted.

5 Likes

not according to http://status.smartthings.com

1 Like

Thanks Nick, much appreciated, please keep the updates coming!

Thanks for pointing this out - I’ve made sure that it’s been communicated internally. The good news is things are cleared up and we’ll be starting the firmware update soon.

4 Likes

Got the latest update. Hub rebooted and was back up in under 2 minutes

No issues so far…

thanks

@Tyler

In the future, you might consider adding something like the following to the email notices that go out about hub firmware updates:

"If you have routines or other automations that trigger based on arrival conditions, these may activate once the hub update is complete if the presence sensor device is within range.

If this would be inconvenient, you might want to temporarily remove the arrival trigger until after the maintenance is done.

This would apply to both automations based on the SmartThings arrival sensor and on geopresence for a phone.

If the presence sensor device remains out of range for the entire time, the arrival condition should not be triggered."

Just a thought. If someone has an “open garage door” routine based on the arrival of the presence sensor and they were home at the time of the hub update, I’m pretty sure that if the hub update takes longer than five or six minutes, when the hub comes back online and the presence indicator device checks back in, it’s going to run the “open garage door” routine again.

If I’m wrong on that, let me know and I’ll remove this post.

2 Likes

So, just my 2 cents here. I have been following this post the entire time. I have received my update and my Hub went down and backup inside of 2 min and 30 sec. Both Hub and smartapp reported 17.12 without issue, on top of that I did not have a single one of my 110 devices go down or lose connection. Now I understand that this did not go so smoothly for some people and to be honest that is not what this post is about. This is not a perfect world and neither are the devices we use on a daily basis. I to have jokingly played around and have poked at ST as a whole. Yes I said, "will you pay me for my time if my hub dies?"
However, making comments to support staff and insinuating Hub issues are their fault is just plain wrong. I work in the service industry for a company that has over 100k employees. I can tell you this much, it is very rare that management actually listens to the people on the street, or in this case on computers or on phones. It is a sad thing to say, but it is the truth. The support staff on this thread deserve a thank you not a bashing. They have gone above and beyond what most companies will do.
To all the staff on this thread thank you for your dedication and supporting us!!! @nastevens @posborne @Aaron @Tyler

19 Likes

It would be a fascinating study to put them all together and see how well they get along. Chances are that we have all married the same type of person. Or, it might be the worst decision ever and they all gang up on us…

I think pretty much both :wink: they could moan as we chug a few haha. :+1:

Regards
Roy

only one of my two hubs updated. Two issues one light and one in wall switch were offline. The switch wanted me to reselect lite when on off etc before it started working again. Should all hubs be updated now? No garage doors etc opened due to presence sensors