Hub Firmware Release Notes - 17.12/17.13/17.14

Hub updates are still rolling out and will be for several more hours. We got a little bit of a later start than planned due to other cloud issues, but we are still planning to roll out the update to all emailed users today.

3 Likes

Also one other device stopped working aeon home energy meter. Unplug and reboot of device fixed it. But I cannot do this in the other empty house? Any suggestions if it happens

Also kind of a major bandwidth issue. Super LAN connect is now sending a long trace message to the logs every second

Been watching for the update all afternoon (noon to 6pm EST window). Naturally a few minutes after I stopped watching my phone buzzed and told me my hub was off line; ran to the hub and saw light was blue. Couple of minutes later, phone buzzed again-- Up!! Version correctly reported in IDE and app; everything running smoothly. Drama free (well, if you donā€™t count the forum drama) as has been every update my hub has received over the past year. If I knew my luck was this good, I never would have stopped buying lotto tickets.

2 Likes

Seem to have lost a motion sensor (ST) a contact sensor (Iris) and my friggin leak sensor in my crawl space. That one sucks.

But did anyone else notice the IDE loads quicker and GitHub links go from light blue to ā€œnormalā€ as they are checked now? This makes up for the dropped sensors!

1 Like

My Hub just updated and everything is back up functioning fine. Glad something went my way for once today.

1 Like

SHM is now stuck on loadingā€¦

Mine tooā€¦

Mine as well. Canā€™t disarm SHMā€¦

Edit to add: Looks like ST updated while I was reporting it to support

Smart Home Monitor Loading Subscribe
Investigating - Some North American users may be experiencing issues with Smart Home Monitor not loading. We are actively investigating.
Apr 7, 18:27 EDT

1 Like

http://status.smartthings.com/ - currently investigating SHM problems

Edit: nothing indicating this is related to the firmware update right now, but Iā€™ll be monitoring just the same.

2 Likes

Hope it gets fixed soon. I just tried to disarm using ActionTiles and it said ā€œErrorā€. Iā€™m disabling my siren so when I get home in about thirty minutes it doesnā€™t start blasting when I open my door.

Hub update just went through. Not sure if this is related to the SHM issues but I canā€™t control any device using Google Home. Going in to the Google Home app and re-authorizing from ST is giving me a 500 error. Anyone else?

https://community.smartthings.com/t/google-home-connection-down/84126

Yup.

Mine is stuck as well and for the record had the firmware updated this afternoon (4/7).

SHM back up for me.

Not loading for me (in North America)ā€¦and for the record I am still on the previous firmware. I am scheduled to upgrade today but I understand they are a little behind.

Funny how life changesā€¦ A few years ago I would have been drinking pre-party Red Bull and Vodkas and listening to gangster rap while picking out which $400 jeans to wear to the club on Friday night.

Now, I am staring at a stupid LED light on a piece of white plastic, while feverishly worrying whether any of my ~130 devices are going to require post-update attention, while at the same time contemplating ways of explaining a recently deceased fish to my daughter and if there will be time to take the wife and kids to see Baby Boss this evening.

8 Likes

If you want, you can blame it on the firmware update, I donā€™t mind :smile:

9 Likes

Youā€™re right, staring at a $99 hub vs $400 jeans lol :slight_smile:

First world problemsā€¦

For what itā€™s worth. My hub updated today and itā€™s CRAWLING after the update. When I unlock my door it usually takes less than a second to run the routines and actions linked to it. Now it takes 10 seconds. Donā€™t know if the platform is running slow or itā€™s the hub just sharing some feedback as of now and post the firmware update.