Latest Firmware / Release Notes

I’m new to SmartThings and have a v2 hub up and running for the past 3 days. It’s currently on firmware version 16.11. The latest firmware announcement that I see in the forums is for version 16.9. Is there a reason there aren’t release notes for version 16.11?

interesting, all of us are on 16.9, how you are on 16.11 is a mystery…

2 Likes

That is interesting… I assume I’m reading the version number correctly. Both the IDE and the Android app are reporting:

Firmware Version 000.016.00011

1 Like

Looks correct to me - just wondering why you seem to have a newer version than all the other people …

1 Like

Beta version for the extend testing? (Just guessing, I have no idea, but agree with everyone else that that’s not the standard US version. You’re not in the U.K. or Singapore by any chance? Or related to Alex Hawkins? :wink:)

FYI.
I’m in UK and showing 16.9

1 Like

I’m in Canada, showing 16.11 as well.

1 Like

Did you guys switch to Octal when I wasn’t looking? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I hope there’s more than 11 people who get that! :joy:

3 Likes

No, I’m just a regular guy in the U.S.

1 Like

It’s possible that a new version was released to manufacturing, but was not pushed out as an upgrade yet.

2 Likes

Maybe @Aaron knows. So far two people (one US, one Canada) have reported hubs with firmware showing 16.11

Or Maybe it’s finally happened: the complexity of Core has created a rupture in the space time continuum and opened a link to a parallel universe.

String Fight! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anybody seen @ady624 lately?

8 Likes

I am in Canada, and still on 16.11 as well

The original firmware release was 16.9. Following the release, we discovered a few edge case issues and started releasing new an updated Day 0. The firmware versions are functionally the same for existing users, but there are some slight improvements for new users.

I don’t know for sure, but expect everyone should increment to the same version when we do the next round of updates.

4 Likes

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those who don’t. :grin:

9 Likes

Not trying to sink @drhtmal’s ships here, but I strongly believe that there are actually 11 types. You clearly forgot the NULLs… (I love my own jokes, the NULLs… lol, I did good on this one ha ha ha)

1 Like

Hey @JDRoberts, still around, have been very very busy moving core (lol) business elements from one colocation to another. Going to Miami tofay for what I hope is the last time :wink: it’s now been three harsh weeks… but I am over the hills ;))

5 Likes

My email sig, on the only email account I use to talk to people that know me of course, as sig’s are silly…

16.11 here. Bought mine from Amazon November 28th