Hub Firmware 18.x Beta

has anybody been able to get the Iris devices to manually update? I click check now in the IDE, but nothing showing up in live logging. the only one that reset was one that fell off the network and had to be reset.

Yep, still ongoing. We took a break on releasing to take a look at some of the feedback, add in some diagnostic utilities as need to hunt down issues, etc. I expect we will be rolling out a new release to beta customers who got the previous release as well as beta members on 17.x still in the next few days after the holiday here in the US.

1 Like

Are you using the InfluxDB app? Another hub on the beta list was frequently rebooting until the user removed all the devices from that app, effectively disabling it. If you’re using it can you try that and see if the reboots stop?

If you click Check Now and the Last Checked time doesn’t update that either means the device couldn’t be reached at all or it was already in the middle of an update. Can you try temporarily moving the device(s) closer to the hub to see if that helps? Sometimes the device doesn’t have good enough connectivity to download the ~150K firmware update file successfully but normal operation is fine.

Thanks @tpmanley, that was exactly the problem! Once I removed InfluxDB, the resets have ceased.

The z-wave issues remain however. I sent a reboot command to the Hub, these are some of the error messages I see upon startup. I cannot get errors for device ‘3E’ or “07” removed from my logs and can’t help but wonder if that is where the root cause lies. I suspect these two devices are two switches that I physically uninstalled before I had a chance to exclude them from the network, I no longer have these devices in my possession.

Here are instructions on how to remove ghost z-wave devices:

plug your hub back into the wall, the Poltergeist is gone …

Not related to 18…as I am still on 17. But the battery reporting has been deteriorated across the ST zwave universe. The Aeon handler throws errors. One of my locks, although has brand new batteries still shows 1% nothing works to refresh it. …

2 Likes

@trotsky40 Thanks, that is the exact process I have followed in the past when I’ve encountered this issue. This time however it’s not working. When I try to remove/force remove the device from the mobile app I get a message saying a device was removed, however it still remains in my device list (mobile app and ide). These are the events logged when I try to force remove the device from the mobile app.

I can of course go to the IDE and delete it there…but during z-wave repairs the device ID reappears with error messages and I’m back to square one. Support has been unable to remove the devices completely, hoping someone on the beta team can take a closer look and investigate what is going with my account.

The last checked time updates properly, and there is a Firmware update started entry in the events for the device, but it never updates. I’m trying this with a contact sensor that is about 4 feet from the hub. I’ll email in the specifics.

Is the lock pairing bug supposed to be fixed in this firmware? I’m still seeing the 0000 MSR issue

zw:Fs type:4003 mfr:0000 prod:0000 model:0000 ver:43.37 zwv:2.64 lib:06 cc:85,73,72,98 sec:62,63,80,71,70,86,20

All of my Iris Contact and Motion sensors were automatically updated within 48 hours after the ST Hub Firmware update. I only had one reporting Motion during the update while SHM was Armed and my Alarm went off, but this also happened with a ST Motion sensor in the past.
I did not have to try a manual update so I could not say if it’s working.

Can’t wait for this to hit the masses (go out of beta). I have the Halo smoke detector and have waited for the firmware updates since I can’t connect it to both the halo app and ST at the same time.

1 Like

Anybody else seeing a sync issue with grouped devices ?
My situation 5 mixed zigbee light bulbs grouped together with a no load GE ZW switch. I open the cellar door & only 3 of the 5 lights come on, I reach over & see the switch is NOT showing as on. I toggle it on, nothing happens, toggle it off nothing happens. Walk over to control panel & it doesn’t show the lights as on. " Alexa turn on the cellar lights “, pause while she thinks, “Okay” remaining lights come on.
Go downstairs do … Come back " up control.panel & GE switch still showing as off. Tap control panel & switch a few times and nothing happens. " Alexa turn off the cellar lights”… " Okay"… Nothing happens. Lather rinse repeat.

" Hey Google turn off the cellar lights" get all kinds of strange search results on watch. Repeat 2-3 time finally… All lights turn off, " Okay 6 lights turned off"

Walk into kitchen and only 1 of the 2 lights comes on, crap shoot as to which one.

Tap " fan lights" virtual switch to turn on the 4 Hue bulbs in ceiling fan, Might get all 4 on, might only get 1 or 2 to turn on.

For a nice change groups controlled timers not motion or contact are working fine.

Single lights controlled by motion or contact are all working fine.

Yeah it’s supposed to be fixed.

Did you remove and re-add the lock with the beta and you’re getting that fingerprint again? If you could reproduce that and ping me right after I’ll pull the hub logs and look at what’s up.

1 Like

Please hit us up at beta@smartthings.com with the details of what you tried and when (to the minute if you can) and what didn’t turn on/off so we can dig into it. I took a quick look already and none of the obvious issues I’ve seen before were jumping out at me so having the exact time and behavior will help a lot.

1 Like

I have a very similar problem, though I’m only on the current firmware. Trying a zwave repair would completely crash my system. Tech support was unhelpful.

Yep it’s working now FE599:

zw:Fs type:4003 mfr:003B prod:634B model:504C ver:43.37 zwv:2.64 lib:06 cc:85,73,72,98 sec:62,63,80,71,70,86,20

4 Likes

This makes me SO happy to see. I can’t wait till my hub gets the beta firmware so I can do some testing with this functionality.

Any news on when the rest of us will get some of this 18.x loving?