Calling all beta testers!
We’re excited to announce the start of the beta program for the SmartThings Hub 0.25.x firmware release. We will begin rolling out the firmware update in batches starting on the 22nd of January and will send out an email when we start updating Hubs. We’ll be paying close attention to any issues encountered by users in the first batches of the rollout. So your hub may not be updated right away. The hub will be offline for about a minute during the update. See below for more specific details about the update.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub (Hub V2)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub (Hub V3) (2018)
- Rolling out to batches of hubs starting on January 22nd
- Implement a new underlying Z-Wave framework that positions the hub to support the latest features as well as future updates
- Add support for additional DTHs to execute locally
- Fibaro Dimmer2 ZW5
- Fibaro Double Switch2 ZW5
- Fibaro Motion Sensor ZW5
IKEA color bulb
- Fix bug that prevents manual control of GE/Jasco Zigbee in-wall switches and dimmers
- Fix discovery of some Zigbee ZLL devices like the RGBgenie RGB controller
- Changes to the way Zigbee messages are sent to the DTH (should have no impact but be on the lookout for issues)
- Firmware update for the Zen Thermostat
- Minor bug fixes and stability improvements
*Anyone who participated in the 0.24.x beta is automatically signed up for this one.
If you’d like to participate in the beta, but haven’t taken the survey yet, you can Sign Up Here