We’re excited to announce the start of a new SmartThings Hub Firmware Beta. Version 0.34.x will begin rolling out in batches starting in the week of November 30th; we will send out an email when we start updating Hubs. We will be paying close attention to any issues encountered by users so your hub may not get updated right away. The hub will be offline for about a minute during the update. See below for more specific details about the update.
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
- Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
- November 30th - December 4th, 2020
Z-Wave Device Firmware Update Beta - Update the Inovelli Ilumin RGBW Smart Bulb (LZW42) device firmware to version 2.30 over the Z-Wave network.
- WARNING - This feature is in the beta stage and will ONLY be available for the Beta users. If for any reason you have an applicable device and do not want the device’s firmware to be updated, we encourage you to opt-out of the 0.34.x beta.
- Device firmware updates are automatically attempted every 24 hours. Your device(s) will be updated no earlier than 24 hours after you receive the 0.34.x Hub firmware.
- If an update fails for any reason, another attempt will be made in 24 hours. Failures may occur for reasons such as
- Device going offline
- Poor connection with the device
- Heavy network traffic
- During the beta, you can check the status of your device firmware updates using the SmartThings IDE/Graph
- Under My Devices, select the applicable device.
- On the device page, find the Data section. If an update is in progress or has been completed (successfully or not), the following fields will be displayed to display the result of the update:
- Available Version
- Current Version
- Last Update Status
- Last Update Time
- Note: The version in the device’s raw description will not change.
- We are actively looking to expand the Device Firmware Update list, and we encourage our users to provide us a list of devices to be added in future releases. To suggest devices, head over to the dedicated thread.
- Added Zigbee 3 Support for Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
- Increase the number of Zigbee end devices that can directly connect to the Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2) to 64 to match the Hub v3
- Firmware updates for the SmartThings Smart Bulb:
- Changes to more quickly rejoin the network if the network parameters change
- Add support for local handling of temperature, mode, fan mode, and operating state reports on the Z-Wave Battery Thermostat DTH.
- Fix an issue where a Z-Wave device is not automatically removed after the device has been factory reset.
- Reliability improvements to hub connected device health reporting.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- Anyone who participated in the previous beta (0.32.x) is automatically signed up for this one.
If you’d like to participate in the beta but haven’t taken the survey yet, you can Sign Up Here