Edge Driver for Zwave Locks?

@RBoy I am using your z-wave lock DTH, and love it

1 Like

local execution is important, especially when it comes to locks. It would be annoying to find out that a door was not locked just because my ISP was having issues.

3 Likes

@RBoy where is your supported Lock Manager, this is the only thing holding me up. Now that groovy will be gone by 09/30/2022, do you have a plan. We have emails telling me no worries. Now I am worried.

2 Likes

@RBoy and is team are really quiet about there migration .

8 Likes

To move to the edge driver, do I have to delete the device and re-add?

if you are currently on a DTH then yes, you would need to exclude the lock, add the Edge driver and pair the lock. Or wait for ST to migrate it.

1 Like

The edge driver for z-wave lock should be coming out in the next few weeks. Working through a few issues with the new framework but hopefully it should provide all the functionality for all 100+ lock models that it originally supported

6 Likes

Any update here? The “next few weeks” would put this in May 2023.

https://smartthings.rboyapps.com/Migration%20FAQ.htm

Bryan
There a couple of options for Rboy edge drivers. They have been out for several months.

1 Like

The z-wave lock edge driver is out and details can be found here:

There are more drivers on the way for keypads (zwave and zigbee as well). (Ring, Centralite, IRIS, Xfinity etc)

4 Likes

oooooooooh…is there a timeline for this? Been wanting to use my Ring keypad with SLGA and hoping this is the “key” to getting that to work!

1 Like

If it’s the ring keypad second generation, there’s a community created edge driver for that device that’s been out for over a year. It’s pretty popular. :sunglasses:

[ST Edge] Driver for Ring Keypad 2nd Gen

Yes, but it cannot be used with SLGA to assign multiple codes. Rboy’s previous keypad device handlers were setup to work the same as programmable user code door locks, from what I have read, so curious to see what capabilities get baked in compared to the available Edge driver currently available.

2 Likes

Yep. Got some cool new features. It’s in beta testing right now. It’s going to be a very versatile tool which can be used for security, lock codes, custom triggers, actuator for garage doors locks and more.

4 Likes

Sounds great! :sunglasses:

It’s out, Ring Edge Driver

Also the Gen-1 Ring keypad

2 Likes