SmartThings Community

Device Handler update to support new STSC app

(Chris Pratt) #1

I see that 5 of my device handler are having massive issues after I manually updated the FortrezZ devices I included into my SmartThings hub network. So I am on a mission to fix that and here are the issues I found while trying to figure out how to fix these device handlers.

1. I noticed that in the SmartThings documentation that the title now says “SmarthThings Classic Documentation”. This must mean that the api commands must not be completely supported in the new STSC (SmartThings Samsung Connect) app - is that correct?

2. Is there a new API which STSC fully supports?

3. In the developer workspace I cannot create a project which uses a Smarthings hub to connect - it says “Coming Soon”. Does this mean That I cannot develop a device handler which is supported by the new STSC app?

Smartthings is in the middle of a major transition: new app, new hub, new cloud platform. But it’s nowhere near complete: at present there is no way to write DTHs for zigbee or Z wave devices that will work with the new platform. And not everything is documented yet. So it’s sort of a hodgepodge.

See the following for what is known so far: ( The topic title is a clickable link)

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy) #3

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ahem. … Seriously: The new API is official, but in flux. You can best get support by registering as a developer partner, and using the Samsung Developer Support Portal:

https://smartthings.developer.samsung.com/support

(See the “sign-up” menu option first).

2 Likes