Classic App crashing

Anybody else having problems with the Classic app? All attempts to open the app on my iPhone results in the app crashing during “connecting “ step. I’m getting a notification every hour that one of my door sensors was triggered but I can’t stop it as the app won’t open.

4 Likes

android?

No, iPhone. I might try deleting and reinstalling the app.

1 Like

I am having the same problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked for a day. Now it is back to crashing.

1 Like

Yes, it happens on my Android too. Presence sensor no longer works either. Device icons disappeared. App has been a disaster since the Nov 15 update for me.

2 Likes

Same thing on Android. Deleted and re-installed app. Crashes when first opening. Presence sensor no longer works. They really botched this update.

1 Like

I am having the same problem as of this morning. Iphone

1 Like

I just reinstalled previous version
No more crashing
Icons returned
Presence sensor working

I’m having the same problem on iPhone.

2 Likes

I am having the exact same issue.

2 Likes

Am having exactly same issue on iPhone!!! Tried the new SmartThings app instead which doesn’t crash but is pants as less useful e.g. smart home monitor etc. Help Samsung / anyone!!! Started about 3 days ago I think. Also same on iPad classic app.
Also… just looking at the new app… automations seem to be handled completely differently and not compatible between old/new (is it local vs cloud?). Anyway that’s really bad as I’ve got a load of current automations I can only edit properly in the classic app - although you can see them in the IDE under Locations / Installed SmartApps. Automations from the new app don’t appear in the IDE as far as I can see. Bad.

2 Likes

So I did end up deleting and reinstalling. That solved the issue for a day, then right back to crashing on open.

1 Like

You’ll need to rollback to 2.17 version of the ST Classic App
I did that and everything worked correctly

There is something wrong with the latest 2.18 version update

1 Like

You also need to disable Auto Update for this app, so that it’ll stay at 2.17.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any issues (iphone IOS 13.2.3) since the update. I added a few items and created a few new smart lighting automatons yesterday. I haven’t had any crashing and everything seems to be working fine. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1.I removed my phone from being a presence sensor

1. I uninstalled ST Classic App from my phone
  2. I installed 2.17 version I obtained from a mirror website that had all the previous versions available
  3. I reinstalled the phone as a presence sensor

Rebooted phone

Reopened the app

No more app crashing

Icons came back

Phone presence sensor working again

1 Like

Great sounds like that would work, but with latest iOS and iTunes on Mojave I’m unsure how to go about finding and installing an older version 2.17 of the app - any help welcome here or PM if you have time please TofuMan.

I got 2.17 here

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/smartthings/smartthings-smartthings/smartthings-smartthings-2-17-0-release/smartthings-classic-2-17-0-android-apk-download/download/

2 Likes

I had the same problem too and thought it was just my device until I saw an app store review. Samsung responded to it saying they’ll look into it but has anyone else submitted a help ticket with samsung directly? I got the app crash, inability to change icons for items, and the complete failure of location usage on my phone as a presence sensor.

1 Like

I submitted a trouble ticket 2 days ago. Same usual BS troubleshooting suggestions from their replies. Last response was they acknowledge the problem with the presence sensor. Please be patient as they work a solution…blah blah blah

2 Likes