Classic App crashing

Any updates on this at all. Still nothing today nor any communication from samsung. As I rely on smartthings it’s made us realise that smart homes can be bricked by the providers at will. Ia had the same issue with rointe heating for months. Maybe time for a rethink as these companies only want our money for a crap service.

Yes. Same problem. Can’t open app to clear open sensors notifications. It has been going on for about a week now.

I did that as well. Deleted & reloaded app. It worked for a day. Same crashing issue soon reappeared.

I am having same problems. The app will crash and presence sensor not working for iPhone after update.

2.18.0 to 2.18.1 yesterday afternoon

iOS
Same issue, was working yesterday and now immediately closes upon opening app.

Where can we find out status on fix, I was just about to buy more Samsung smart things devices during a Black Friday sale and see no point unless this is going to be resolved.

Looks like I will have to locate a crappy android device and hack it to take an older version of the app so I can control my houses for the holidays

Why aren’t these smartthings smarttested before deployed?

Had this on an iphone for a few days now. Need to uninstall and reinstall the classic app to make it work again.

This is hugely annoying and should be fixed ASAP. Either that or add the feature to the new app to manage the alarm and alarm notifications!!!

1 Like

2.18.1 I can see for Android nothing on iOS App Store yet for iPhone / iPad its still showing 2.18.0 in UK anyway. Have raised trouble ticket with SmartThings too… Ridiculous long time to fix this is a top critical bug makes the whole app useless.

I’ve been having the same problem. Everyday for the past week. The only solution I’ve found is to uninstall the app, re-download, and log back in. Then it works for the day until the next morning.

Same exact problem here! This needs an urgent fix!

Ive resorted to using the newer app till the classic gets fixed.

I also Have rolled back 2.17.0 from the mirror site provided. App no longer crashes and all my custom icons are back! Hope this resolves my presence issue as well. They really hosed this app updating it to 2.18.1 It basically destroyed everything on my Note10+ and my Galaxy Tab S6!
Just remember to turn OFF auto updates in the Google play app or it will get replaced with the bogus 2.18.1 again.

Works on my iPad on IOS 12, doesn’t work on any of our phones on iOS 13, unless you were last on a screen other than the home screen, if you hit home screen it immediately crashes and you’re back to square one. Still get notifications etc but can’t seem to clear them with the new app which i still don’t like. They need to roll this back today and fix it before releasing it again. I assume you can only install the old version on android phones so those of us on fruit phones (by choice or not by choice) are out of luck until Samsung fixes it.

Yup. App crashes on my iPhone. My wife’s and iPads. Wife was pissed when the alarm went off and I couldn’t get to the dashboard to disarm it.

An update was just published to the App Store that seems to have fixed the issue for me on iOS.

Has the icons come back for anyone?

I keep having to delete the app and reinstall.
Tried using the “new” app but omg is that slow compared to the classic…