iOS Classic app 2.18.0 released (November 19, 2019)

Seems a little faster but could be in my head.

Had the opposite experience, when opening a device preference page it hung and then crashed.

Hmm, wonder if the DTH changes to get preferences working in the new app are causing issues in Classic…

No that I know of, it just happened once. After restarting it’s been working.

1 Like

Ghosts again

My wife’s and my phone’s Classic App was updated to the latest version and neither one of showing presence. My kids iPhones are still showing presence.

Try to delete the mobile presence devices and add them again in the Classic app.

I’ll try that this weekend. As a workaround I installed life360 and got presence for both of us that way.

I didn’t even know we had an issue until both of my kids left last night and my Ring alarm armed away automatically. It happened on twice yesterday and I thought my kids were messing with us. Then I looked at SmartThings and noticed my wife and I were showing as away.

I have it setup to arm when everyone leaves and disarm when any one of us returns home. It’s been working great for months.

I’m seeing some reports that this updated version hides the routines tab if you don’t have any created with no way to create new routines.

The app stopped working after the update :scream: The app start loading, but shuts down during the process. Extremely frustrating …

Cross linking topics:

1 Like

This version crashes anytime I try to return to the “dashboard tab” until I manually kill and reopen the app. I also had to uninstall once already because it wouldn’t load at all.

Really hope they don’t leave us with this buggy mess when they finally abandon classic.

1 Like

Report it to support@SmartThings.com

On iPhone keeps crashing anytime I select the dashboard tab. Everything else seems ok. Had to use my iPad to access dashboard tab just to dismiss a home monitor false alarm.

Same issue here. Any way to dismiss the alerts outside of the mobile app? Getting annoyed with hourly reminders I can’t get rid of

I’m not aware. I tried the iPad app on a whim & it worked. If it didn’t, my next move was to contact support which I still have to do just for the dashboard crashing issue.

Good thing happen if enough folks share their feedback. Got this from support:

Thanks for the heads up - this has been identified internally and the ‘fix’ is currently in beta for a version update.

1 Like

I’m having same issues here - dashboard crashing until I uninstalled and reinstalled. Presence sensing totally broken despite checking location settings and uninstall. Not happy they rolled out such a buggy release.

Well looks like this is it. Classic is done. Here’s what they just sent me:

“ Thank you for writing back to us.

I’m sorry to read that you have an issue with a mobile presence that is not updating its status since the app update. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

We have identified the issue with the Classic app update which made some changes to the app, with the app crashing and mobile presence not updating. We recommend you start using the new SmartThings app or migrate the set up to the new app.

Note: Just to keep you informed, this is the final version of the SmartThings Classic app. As all users will soon switch to the New SmartThings app, the old app will not receive version updates.

For mobile presence purposes, we recommend to please log in to the New app and see if the mobile presence updates, if you are still experiencing any app crashes write back to us.

Thanks for your kind understanding and co-operation.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Raj
SmartThings Support”

Very very poor execution on their part - break the app say they won’t fix and force us all to a new app without (as I understand it) feature parity for advanced users. Will try new version (haven’t for a while so not sure if they enabled some of the advanced device types and apps yet). Maybe I should look at C4 more seriously after this if there still isn’t feature parity between the apps and Samsung is going to effectively break major parts of my install.

That’s a very poor response, almost makes it sounds like it’s intentional that they broke some features. My understanding is that the Classic app will be retired after the new app reaches feature parity, that’s got some way to go especially with custom controls, video streaming, carousels, SHM control etc.

3 Likes