Bloomsky Weather Station

Does anyone want to PM me to see if we can work with the internal weather station?

You don’t need a public network. They were suggesting for your internal network security you might not want to open the ports to the weatherstation because somebody could hack your IP address and access you other devices. As long as your modem has a RJ5 port for a cat 5/6 cable you can plug " any old wifi router" in between it and your other devices and set it up as a separate wireless network for devices that need internet access but not access to your home network

3 Likes

Yes. But I won’t have mine until next week I’ll send you a pm if I haven’t seen anything on it by then.

Also, you rock! Thanks for your work on this!

1 Like

If you’re an Apple guy, I can walk you through setting up an Airport Base Station.

1 Like

P.S. this is the reason our community rocks!

2 Likes

Filled out the application last night about 11:30 PM EST and got the email today I was accepted!

Looks like they are doing another round of applications too.

1 Like

@RLDreams can you elaberate more on your suggestion to make a seperate network? Can you explain it to me on how to set it up etc. thanks.

Has anyone gotten notification that they have been turned down? I filled it out a week ago and then again yesterday, but I haven’t received a thing. I do not have a Spam folder, so I am not sure what is going on.

Filled mine out about a week ago and just got approval just minutes ago. So did my Brother-in-law
I applied last night to put one at my Florida house. Hoping for the best.

I got my second approval today. This one was not in the Spam folder. Going to put it at the parents house.

1 Like

Coincidence on the date. They did extend the deadli e. Follow the link I posted to their community page and you will see the new deadline.

1 Like

Move the dang thing to the neighbors house…

2 Likes

Found a belkin 2.4 wireless g plus router will that do the trick? Plug it and that’s all? Do i have to change any settings?

1 Like

Genius rldreams f’in genius. Messaging you from public belkin I found in a closet covered in dust!

1 Like

PM sent ( 20 characters )

I have 3 routers ( 5 separate wifi networks) in my house. Yes I set them all on different channels to reduce interference. 1 router is used solely for IP cameras and CCTV DVR

2 Likes

Any idea how I can make sure that this one is on a different channel?

Quick question. Regarding Slagle’s post (#152), there was two boxes of code. The first is for the Bloomsky Scheduler and the other seems to pull in various sources of info and has since been updated. I’m just curious how I go about creating/adding these codes/apps in my graph.api smartthings page. Are they both new apps that I need to create and add the code to, or does one of them create a new device?

I’m just not sure where to go about adding the different codes into the graph.api webpage.

Kudos to Slagle for creating the code that seems to be working out quite well for people. Can’t wait to get mine up and running!

I was able to put the URL in a SmartTiles and it shows up just fine. I don’t know how it will refresh since it’s night and no activity. It looks pretty cool.

Update: Apparently, this is a static link so it does not refresh. If I refresh the page source, it ends up generating a new link for the new image.

2 Likes

It’s pretty dark outside but I’m still seeing over 5000 lux value. I’m running the latest version .5 of the device handler. Anyone else seeing something like this too? I’m not sure what the lower end of this should be.