OK, I tried searching the forum to see if there is a topic that is covering this. I could not find one and if I did miss one, then please excuse me and we can continue discussion there.
This was discussed in different threads, but I thought it would be good to have a dedicated thread for this. Since last 2-3 weeks, my zigbee devices have been failing quite consistently. Signatures that I have observed,
- They fail to report the correct state
- They fix themselves and then break
- Sometimes they break and the only way to get them back working is to power cycle.
Things that I tried,
- Remove power from hub for 10-15 minutes (Multiple times) - Helps temporarily
- Remove batteries from all zigbee devices and wait for 10-15 minutes - Helps temporarily
- Remove power from affected Zigbee device momentarily - Helps temporarily
- Uninstall a device completed and add again - Helps temporarily
Devices on which I observed this issue:
SmartThings Multi Sensor
SmartThings Motion Sensor
SmartThings Contact Sensor
Other Zigbee devices I have that did not demonstrate this issue,
SmartThings Power Outlet
Spruce Irrigation Controller
Anyone else saw these issues with these devices? Before someone asks me to open a ticket with support - Its already done… ! I was interested to know if more people are seeing this issue?