Xiaomi/Aqara Temperature Sensor

Hi all,

I have the 2nd generation of the xiaomi/Aqara Temperature sensor. I’ve successfully paired the device via the catchall method. Though it always displays the temperature at 0 degrees and no battery level. The device type is set to SmartSense Temperature Sensor.

Is this the correct device type or does it require a custom handler?

Thanks for any help on this subject.

I have several of these for about two month now and they work great so far. I suggest you use this DTH:

1 Like

Thank you, the device handler in the quoted post worked.

Have you gotten the atmospheric pressure to work on the device?

I have not done any development in a LONG time but from what I understand, Smartthings does not support that capability:

Here is a reference of what is supported:
http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/capabilities-reference.html#capabilities-taxonomy

Again, I may be wrong because I have to little background…

1 Like

That’s odd, I though it would be. In any case, thank you for the link and the help none the less. I really have no use case for measuring atmospheric pressure, thought it was nice to have. My primary objective was to get the temp and humidity levels working, and this seems to be working fine.

I just saw in this post that the keen vent DTH is using pressure… have not looked any further though.

I’ve been trying to pair one of these for over 5 hours…is there a post or something that explains how to do it? I have the round ones and cannot pair one of them…

Apparently there is 30 something Zigbee devices limit per Zigbee repeater and the hub is consider one repeater. Possible you are running into this problem. Might need more repeater.
Here’s a post with some details and instructions.

Starting to look like I just need to throw these away… tired of messing with such a simple thing for hours…

These have been solid for me. Which device handler are you using?

I am using A4refillpad’s DH for these… is there another one? I find it really hard to believe that out of 4 nothing comes back on any of them.

A4refillpad’s DH are outdated. Use these: Original & Aqara Xiaomi Zigbee Sensors (contact, temp, motion, button, outlet, leak, etc)

1 Like

Thank you… I did just find this one :slight_smile: I am going to delete all devices and try again…just not showing me anything on any of them…

I realize that the 2.4GHz may be an issue…not sure how I am going to fix that… My router is either 2.4 or 5 and going to have to adjust something here…

Read this about Wi-Fi and Zigbee channel interference: FAQ: Networking and Reducing Channel interference between WiFi and Zigbee

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll work on that after work. Right now the router and ST hub are sitting side-by-side LOL Probably not a good idea…so I’m going to try to move it into the next room I have a long enough cable. Then I’ll switch all my other connections to 5GHz channel and see if that helps.

Can anyone see what I’m doing wrong here……

preferences {
section(“Humidity Sensor:”) {
input “humSensor”, “capability.relativeHumidityMeasurement”
}
}

def installed() {
log.debug “Installed with settings: ${settings}”
initialize()
}

def updated() {
log.debug “Updated with settings: ${settings}”
initialize()
}

def initialize() {
def humidityNow = humSensor.currentValue(“humidity.value”)
log debug “Humidity: $humidityNow”
}

I get the following message when I try to run …. groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_791e3f7905255e1dc3f7aac7801a03b5b3c043b0bf979772cbdd3b3f9c7a3abb.log() is applicable for argument types: (null) values: [null]
Possible solutions: now(), run(), page(), url(), run(), any() @line 28 (initialize)

Thanks,
Simon

1 Like