[WITHDRAWN] MyQ LiftMaster/Chamberlain

41 Likes

Nice job once again! First you did RainMachine and now this. It’s more intuitive to setup and I like the icons. I set them up as Garage Doors in Doors and Locks(I believe the previous version I was using I used conventional door but can’t recall). It does take a good 15 minutes to switch over all of your settings and apps to use this new code since it creates new devices. I like the fact I don’t need to rely on the polling app too.

As far as using @dfh’s Ridiculously Smart Garage Door App, is there any advantage to this app compared to the native ST actions of opening and closing upon arrival/departure. That has worked well for me natively and l prefer not to use smartapps if ST natively works well. I had to stop using @steveganz’s version because the garage doors would mysteriously open at all sorts of times. I believe @steveganz said this is an issue with that app with myQ’s.

It does not find any devices (I’m using a Liftmaster LA412 [gate], and a Chamberlain CIGBU/C gateway). With Burke’s device driver, I had to add a device number from the debug logs for the door name.

Any suggestions?

If your only goal is to open/close on presence detection, the native apps should work just fine. I modified the SmartApp primarily as a learning exercise for myself and as the basis for future “all included” personal customization. My version does include an “open for X minutes detection”, but as I’m sure you know this could also be easily handled natively.

Thanks for the explanation. Ideally, I would want the original smart door app to work as intended as it was nice to have the entire leaving and going automated. I wonder if this new device type will work better with @steveganz’s version?!!!

Getting this error when I try to close the door. Any solutions ?

d74622ff-1e8b-4a70-a351-eaef27dc2bf7 4:28:17 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script142032341365952645390.sendCommand() is applicable for argument types: (script14203234135821554179136, java.lang.String, java.lang.Integer) values: [script14203234135821554179136@5eba8e6f, …]
Possible solutions: sendCommand(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object) @ line 118

I think your SmartApp is an older version. Try uninstalling everything, delete the smartApp and smartdevices and recreate them again from the given link in the first post

That did it - Thanks

I’m using your device/smart app. I like it far better than the MyQ app. One question though: could the device be built so that it refreshes the staus one minute after the a door is commanded to open or closed?

You can change the polling in the Service Manager SmartApp preference to 1 minute, it should achieve the same.

Ok, I’ll give it a try. I was worried about the system being overtaxed so I didn’t set it that low previously.

1 Like

I don’t think the polling is working. I had to add the doors back to the pollster app. I haven’t seen activity since Sunday when I added them.

I’m not sure how yours got unscheduled, but I’ve enabled logging for polling in the app. Try to reinstall it if you can. Thanks

I renamed my doors in SmartThings after I installed the app and imported the devices. I wonder if that broke the polling?

Could be the case, I’ve added unscheduled and reschedule when it’s installed() and updated() in the codes. Let me know if it’s not working.

I updated the SmartApp code and went through the wizard again. I don’t want to re-do the whole setup as you know what a pain that can be in ST once you have apps associated.

1 Like

App works great and first time after following your instructions above. Thanks

Jason, worked great… This should just be added to the main default list of devices…

Looks good now. My thoery is when you rename the doors the scheduling breaks. So by going through the setup again the app, it reschedules with the new name.

The official SmartThings integration with Chamberlain is coming. They have been talking about it in CES 2015 and it’s announced here:

1 Like