[OBSOLETE] MyQ Garage Door Device Type

Rob, I just started playing with this today myself. I’ve read this entire thread twice. I got the same screen you did. I just put everything down for a little while, killed the ST app, reopened it, and then everything looked like it should. For whatever reason it took a little while for anything to show up in “current states” in the IDE.

Did I miss this, or is it still in the ether?

1 Like

Nothing official yet that I know of. I really wish there would be.

Thanks, but I’d like official word on this @Ben. This is one of the most asked for integrations in the history of this community, and was hopefully to be coming soon (six months ago).

3 Likes

I’m hoping to buy this product any day now. Would be nice to know as well.

Hi EVERYONE,

for some reason Im getting this error when I try to paste the code in the app section.

Metadata Error: input() can only be invoked inside a section definition

Am I overlooking something simple? Ive installed other apps (icomfort, etc…) and never had a problem.

Thanks
Chris

Has anyone looked into adding support for the additional lightswitches supported by MyQ? I’ve got one that I use to control a light via my grage door opener, but it would be ideal if this was also integrated into SmartThings.

Thanks!

I thought @copyninja code had it, check below link…

Has anyone found a way to get this to work with hello home? Id like it based off of that vs stand alone sensors. If i have it set to open when I get in my garage it works, but then I’m unable to close my garage door with smart things if my car is IN The garage because it senses I’m still here and i can’t overwrite it. I would simply like to be able to say when I’m in this mode, do this, when I’m in this mode, do that etc. I tried to tie it to a mode, so when my night mode is on, lights turn off, door locks and my garage door would close, but its not.

Sorry if thats kind of long…

You said you created the DeviceType but never said you published it. Also, never said anything about creating the SmartApp and publishing it? See the directions at the top of the thread.

Thanks,@a2thejay23 - this is an awesome idea.

Noob question, though - how do I view these debug logs to get the Device ID? I’ve looked in the activity feed and on the “Live Logging” tab on the API page via browser. No debug logs to be found.

Also, try @copyninja directions and code at the below thread…

Installation:

1. Load MyQ Service Manager in SmartApp section
  2. Load MyQ Garage Door Opener and MyQ Light Controller in SmartDevice section
  3. Publish all of the above
  4. In your mobile app, tap the “+”, go to “My Apps”, furnish your log in details and pick your gateway brand, and a list of devices will be available for you to pick

Thanks, @jimmay3. I went with the copyninja version, and it’s all working now. I think part of the issue may have been me not realizing my door name vs. place name in the MyQ app.

I’m using the Liftmaster 821LM (https://www.liftmaster.com/For-Homes/Accessories/MyQ-Accessories/model-821LM) which I have wired to my Sommer garage door opener. I have it working via the MyQ app, but not in SmartThings. Using your device type code and device, I was able to add this as a device in my app, but am unable to control it or see its current state. Do you know if this works with this device (821LM) or only Liftmaster garage door operators?

Chamberlain recently updated their API. This app may need to be modified. We’ve already made the changes in copyninja’s version if you’d like to check that out.

Well, it controls (eventually) my garage door but even with the multi sensor it is not updating unless I manually refresh it. Hopefully ST will finish the MyQ integration in a year or two so I’ll continue to refresh manually til then I guess.

Can’t you use the code at: [WITHDRAWN] MyQ LiftMaster/Chamberlain

Hi Everyone,
I have cut and pasted the Adam’s code from Github for the new Device Type and when I try to save (or Publish) the code (I haven’t made any changes), I get the following error.

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property ‘door_name’ on null object @ line 381

Again, I’m not using the simulator or anything. I’m just trying to save the things after pasting it. I got Adam’s code from here.

Here’s the code at line 381.

if ((settings.door_name ?: “blank”).isLong() == true) {

If I understand things correctly, door_name won’t have a value until I create a device of MyQ Garage Door and enter my preferences. So, I’m not thinking this is a bug with Adam’s code. As I mentioned, I get the same error when I try to publish the new device type.

I have searched this and other topics but I haven’t found anyone with this error.

Isn’t it weird that I can’t even save the code without generating an error?

Thanks in advance,
Darren

Adams code I believe is over a year old, the Chamberlin API has changed many times since, thus not sure why you are not using @copyninja’s latest code at: [WITHDRAWN] MyQ LiftMaster/Chamberlain