Suggest a Device

@Lars,@obycode, @ben,

My application for a GM developer account to integrate with OnStar was rejected…

Here are the explanations from GM:

On 28 September 2015 at 15:02, Lisa K Reilly lisa.reilly@gm.com wrote:
Hi Yves,

I reviewed your proposal with the team. While everyone was impressed with the concept, there are two issues:

· We are focused on automotive solutions right now.

· There needs to be a solid business case detailing the revenue stream and what our share would be.

I suggest that you stay in touch and we can re-evaluate as we move into non-automotive solutions, and as your business grows.

Lisa

If SmartThings would like this integration (after all there are around 6M OnStar subscribers, even 1% of the customer base would potentially bring 50k new ST customers), I’d suggest that you contact them on your side. I’m pretty sure that there is a business case from the ST perspective.

And, you can subcontract me the development after. I have a good foundation for this development based on my work with the Automatic Connected Car device (see my github below).

Regards.

P.S. For those of you who want this integration, you can try to shoot an email to lisa.reilly@gm.com to make your point…

1 Like

Logitech Harmony already has official integration in both directions for the U.S… You can add SmartThings devices to harmony activities through the harmony app, and you can have harmony activities triggered from SmartThings using a combination of two officially-provided smartapps: “Logitech Harmony connect” and “Logitech Harmony triggers.”

See the following FAQ for details:

If you’re in the UK, you may run into the same authorisation issue that is affecting the IFTTT integration, but they’ve said they’re working on a fix for that.

Aeon Labs Aeotec Z-Wave Range Extender/Repeater (DSD37-ZWUS)

I have my primary switches in the house already wired for zwave, however there is one switch that is ever slightly out of range. I would love a way to extend the zwave network without needing to install more devices. Something like this I could easily hide behind a couch to ensure connectivity throughout the house.

This already works with SmartThings. It’s identified as a switch but that doesn’t make any difference. Quite a few community members have them.

That said, any mains-powered Z wave device will work as a repeater, so you might prefer to just get a plug-in module. These are often cheaper then the dedicated range extenders these days.

It would be great if there was integration with home alarm systems. I currently have an iSmartAlarm system (https://www.ismartalarm.com/en/) and would like to have my Belkin Wemo Switch connect lights flash when the alarm is triggered. If it could also play the alarm through my Sonos speakers, even better.

Additionally, connection with Chamberlin MyQ garage door openers (http://www.chamberlain.com/smartphone-control-products/myq-smartphone-control) to turn on/off lights when I arrive/leave would be a welcome addition.

There is a community development integration with MyQ which is very popular. I’m not sure if it will do what you want, but you might check in that topic:

Lutron Connected Bulb Remote
Full built in integration with Schlage Touchscreen Deadbolt (user codes, settings, alarm, etc).
Android Wear
Samsung Smart TV

1 Like

A battery powered all in one camera/siren/motion detector for garage security. Something like homeboy maybe? Although that’s not available in the UK.

A mains siren with battery back up or just a battery siren, again for the UK

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still looking for testers? I don’t have the Parrot device now but am planning to buy for wife’s upcoming birthday. So I’d be interested in following your development and offering my support.

I believe Blink for Home will do this, at least I’m hoping so…

I am so very interested in getting support for the ARLO camera system by Netgear! It has been stated that maybe in the 2nd Qtr? Is that still somewhat an actual/planned date?

I now have 3 cameras set up and ready to be added to ST!

1 Like

Hunter Douglas Powerview integration!

Already popular in the UK, especially now it is being given away free as a promotion by first:utility, is the Cosy smart thermostat their website - I already have one installed, would be good to integrate it with my SmartThings starter kit, which is due to arrive in a few days.

True, at the moment Canary cameras don’t integrate with anyone… but I spoke with them and they said they are “interested” and “looking into SmartThings integration with Canary” but there is no timeline, so who knows.

1 Like

Some of the gaps that I’ve noticed for no “official integration” and not many great workaround solutions:

• More combo front door options, ie Kuna, ring, + other smart doorbells
  • More/better outdoor cams
  • Roomba 980
  • Glass break sensors
  • Apple Airplay
  • Flic button
  • Also more options for smart blinds/windows!
3 Likes

The Bud Light smart fridge alerts you when you’re low on beer, and grabs football stats for alerts and sounds. :beers:
(Warning: The link below has an auto-playing video with sound)

1 Like

Funny. Those guys have an office a couple blocks from ours and totally want us to integrate in some way with them :slight_smile:

4 Likes

But see, they put the button on the top. They need to think about the service dog market and put the button on the side! :dog:

1 Like

Agreed, I think more things need to have options for the ADA market.

2 Likes

I would like to use my already made DIY sensors made on the mysensors framework. Is it possible ?