I’ve raised a support ticket for this, but I wanted to check with the rest of the community members who are using the Windows Phone app on Windows 10 Mobile whether they are facing similar issues. I’m relatively new to SmartThings and it was all working great for me for about 3 weeks, which left me feeling confident enough to invest in more devices and that the Windows platform would be supported.
My problems started about a couple of weeks ago where I was unable to reorder my things tiles on the app. It was a minor annoyance, so I created groups to organized my things instead. Raised a ticket about that and support responded after 6 days that they’ve identified the issue and will have a fix with the next update.
I then got an email yesterday that their latest update on the Android app fixed the issue, and I responded that my problem is with the Windows Phone app. Got a reply apologizing for the mix up and according to him, the reordering works fine for them and that I should uninstall and reinstall the app to get the latest version. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, as per the recommendation, and this is where things start to get really bad.
After reinstalling the app, I noticed I could not even get into my groups to get to my things, so I removed all groups and it was a disorganized mess of tiles that I couldn’t reorder and I also could not create new groups. That’s when I noticed if I went into any SmartApp, my things were now displaying what I assume are the UIDs for every device I have linked to SmartThings (example 077f1cb9-d332-4908-b243-19da7193a83a). The app is pretty much unusable for me at this point.
Anyone else facing similar issues?
Update 2/26/2016 - This thread has been open for 28 days, which means the Windows Phone app has been broken for at least 28 days with no action from SmartThings/Samsung. There are many Windows users who have chimed in on the thread, confirming that the GUID issue has rendered the app unusable and broken. “Borrowing” an iOS/Android phone from a family member is not an acceptable workaround since SmartThings claims to support Windows.
SmartThings support has been slow to respond and even when they do, it’s a canned response that they are working on a fix. It should not take this long to fix the issue since it is not an issue on iOS or Android! We are clearly very low on the priority list. Additionally, the status site misrepresents the true situation by reporting that everything is operational. I am extremely disappointed with the company as I had high hopes when I first invested in their products.