What happened to Smartthings customer support?

I used to have good impression about Smartthings support.
I recently had to contact them about some sensors not working as intended, and going offline. They respond a couple of weeks later with bunch of questions, and when I respond to them with answers, they take few more weeks to respond. Finally it was diagnosed that the sensors are faulty, and I will receive new sensors, and then I am supposed to return the faulty ones. It has been months, and I still don’t have the sensors. I started the conversation in November 2019, so its been kinda 5 months and no resolution. I think Samsung is playing a waiting a game here, and they just want customers to forget about it and go buy new sensors I guess. This is terrible. It is a matter of ~$100, but I had spent too much time on this, I don’t want to give up the fight.

Anyone else had similar experience?
Is there a way to escalate this and get a resolution?

1 Like

Search the forum. Unfortunately all too common since black Friday 2018. :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Wow, that’s insane. That’s bait and switch. Sell the product, take money, and run away.

I contacted Twitter support, and they asked me to call a number.
I called, and that person created new ticket. :confused:
Looks to me like an infinite loop without an end.

Samsung has a lot to learn from other companies.

1 Like

Someone finally called me, and just made things even worse. The new person is telling me the item is out of warranty. Yes, hell yeah, if they take months to respond, it will obviously be out of warranty. But when I initially raised the issue, the product was still under warranty, the representative was lacking basic skills to even figure out that it was under warranty. And then she wanted me to send me the receipt, which I already sent several times. And then she told me, all sensors seems to working fine, ofcourse they are, because I had recently reset them to so they work again. So, she suggested I call again when the sensors are offline. Seriously? Samsung is just getting worse. They are at the peak of making money, and they don’t want to lose that opportunity. If they don’t take corrective actions, they will fall, and it is inevitable.

So, what I decided to do is, go to Lowes, pick up these sensors, and return the faulty ones claiming that they don’t work. I know it is not ethical. But what Samsung did isn’t either. #Samsungsucks