It has been a little over a month since my first weekly update. I’m proud of the progress we are making and it has been wonderful to see the support from so many in our community who are feeling the improvements in their day to day experience with SmartThings. We are going to keep at it!
Here’s a summary of some of the progress we made this week:
Hub Firmware Update - 14.40
We released a new firmware for the V2 hub that had two very important fixes. We squashed a bug that could cause the hub to go offline even though the hub LED was green and also addressed an issue with Z-Wave device identification.
Our platform release this week had a ton of backend changes to improve latency across the platform as well as a fix for IDE event streams. Take a look at the release notes for more information.
Smart Home Monitor
Our Smart Home Monitor engineers made significant strides in arming and disarming errors with this week’s update. They worked the logs, combed the code, and made some tweaks. These tweaks made the arming and disarming error rate decrease by a further 85% from the already big improvements of recent weeks.
iOS/Android Mobile Apps
We did a lot of work on the backend to further improve mobile app stability. This week we rolled out a range of changes to the way the mobile app communicates to our client connectivity API. I’m happy to report that these changes have further improved app crash rates to less than 0.10% for all mobile sessions over the past 24 hours. The industry average for iOS and Android is about 3%.
I am hopeful you are seeing the positive effects of the work we are doing on the platform every day. I look forward to sharing our progress again with you next week.