Continuing the discussion from Web Dashboard:
I was working on the new and improved version of the web dashboard and I’m happy to share the new interface and functionality.
I really wanted to create a control panel that would be self contained without relying on any third party cervices. This allows you to spin as many remotes as you want with zero configuration or maintenance. You can create wall mounted panels, give links to your guests or have a control panel without installing ST Mobile app on your device.
Installing the SmartApp will give you the interface like this:
- Modern interface optimized for mobile devices. The tile grid will adapt itself to the screen size from phone to full size monitors.
- View/change mode
- Interact with dimmers, switches and locks
- View temperature
- View state of presence and contact sensors
- Themes (Color, Grey, B/W)
- Optimized polling (Long Polling and configurable page refresh rate)
- View Only mode
- Lag, as usual. If you tap the same tile too quickly things will get confused. Click Refresh tile to reload the page
- Polling. There is no way to get around that without employing another streaming service. If someone found a different way, please share. The panel will refresh itself every so often (2 minutes by default), so there is no instant updates. I’m working on it though. Stay tuned.
- Instant updates
- Thermostats and motion sensors. I don’t have any right now, so no ETA.
- Weather widget
Installing the Dashboard
- Open the logs first
- Install app as usual
- Don’t forget to enable Oath in the SmartApp setup!
- Check the logs to see your URL or tap app icon in Mobile App to print the URL to the logs again.
Here is the SmartApp:
Let me know what you think.
Please report bugs!