Web Dashboard 2.0

Thanks!

Is there a way to make the clock not military time?

1 Like

Awesome job Alex, this is amazing!!! Adding to the wish list: any chance we can have buttons that send predefine Hello Home Commands?

1 Like

@geko, it should be easy enough to create a tabbed interface. One should be able to create a simple webpage with iFrames where each tab would hold a different URL for each dashboard. This web page doesn’t even need to be on the internet.

Baking it into the SmartApp itself would be very difficult. I have an idea to explore thought.

I don’t have plans to create an interface for Smart Alarm since I don’t see myself having one. If I had a thermostat I would absolutely create a widget for it.

1 Like

@625alex,

Have you looked at using SSE (Server sent events) and sniff for HTML5 supporting browsers? This would allow the use of sensors and alarms in your interface.

By the way, my wife loves the interface and will probably only use it. She want’s me to customize her page with only the things she uses. She doesn’t care about garage doors or temps.

@wackware

1 Like

Hmmm, so what you are saying is that if you had a Thermostat that you would develop the appropriate code for it yes?

@theedpope, Are you going to send @625alex a Thermostat?

Have you tried installing a virtual one?

@theedpope re: energy meters. Which value would you show on the tile?

@Ben, yes, I will submit it in a bit. I need to iron out all the bugs (if more are found) and add some features that people wanted.

@scottinpollock do you happen to use zoom in your browser on Mac? The fonts look bolder comparing to anything that I tried.

@4caulders, Yes, I will update the clock to show 12-hour format.

@jtarangom, Yes, I’m planning to ass Hello Home commands. I forgot to mention that I’m working on this. ETA about a week.

@wackware, I looked at SSE, but I don’t see how it’s possible with the current API. It’s very easy to do using a third party service as a stream, but the point of this dashboard is that it should be self contained. Do you have an example somewhere? If I could figure this out it would be great since I want to add support for motion sensors too.

I will try to create a tile for thermostat, but only after I do the things above and figure out (or not) the real time updates.

1 Like

Nope. Double checked view was “actual size” when you mentioned they looked weird. They look much less heavy on Android, but on the Mac they look very heavy in both Chrome and Safari.

On Safari my fonts don’t look the same but I do get 1 decimal place on some of them (aeon multi’s):

I will update temperature tiles to round off the numbers. I will check the fonts on Mac too. It’s important to have consistent look across all devices.

@625alex In looking at the font family in your style sheet; the first font is Calibri (which I don’t have), and the second is “Arial Black” (which I do have). It certainly seems to be using Arial Black at 14 point on both my Macs.

Arial Black is a pretty weighty face, and I am guessing folks seeing a slimmer face do not have Arial Black installed.

edit: I removed arial black from the font family and now see this…
http://solutionsetcetera.com/stuff/dash2.png

Another thought:

Since this is a pretty damn elegant solution to limited access for children, guests, and others who should not have full access to SmartThings, consider making the inclusion of the mode tile optional.

@625alex I would show if possible, the current combined usage (AEON HEMv1 and V2 have two clamps that meter 2 power lines). The overall Power used (maybe in increments of One week, Month, Quarterly, and Yearly … Just dreaming here but it would be nice) and the monthly cost of the devices or home being metered (this should be easy as it is data from the meter).

Hmm, Wondering if you could build in a SMS push that sends the https: string through SMS? I know email is unlikely right now. It would be great if it could send the link through email. But that is way low on the list.

Either way, I want you to know that I have helped a friend who is disabled (setup with ST) and they are using your control now to work with ST and his assistive devices.

So thank you so much. I am disabled (dialysis) so I found this useful as well. It provides a Web Interface for me to use when I am not near my phone.

Agreed. Actually the more options the better. But, I know that sometimes programng for such things makes it harder on the programmer.

Any chance of making some tiles bigger? Specifically, I’m hoping to make the mode tile the size of 2x2. Thanks! I love this!

If you look at your preferences, there is a setting to hide the mode tile already. Having too many options is not always a good things since they often get overlooked.

1 Like

I will explore this farther. It’s easy enough (within current framework) to create a 2 x 1 tile. Why such a big tile thought?

The weather would be cool in a 1x2

When you have a small tablet with a 1080p resolution, 2x2 really isn’t that big. Also, any chance on getting hello home actions on here? Thanks for all your work!