I would like to share the web dashboard that I created.
This is a self contained app with no set-up, no back end, no dependencies, no servers to run, no PHP, and no know-how. It really can’t get simpler than that.
When the app is installed or updated, a URL will be printed to the log. Paste this URL to a modern browser to view and control your device.
You can create multiple instances of the app to create dashboards per room or give temporary remotes to your guests with the devices that they are allowed to control.
You don’t have to install the ST mobile app on all devices!
Installing this app will give you this interface:
- I didn’t implement two way communication yet. If state of a devices changes, it will not be reflected on the dashboard until it’s refreshed.
- When a command is issued, I set a delay for the page to refresh itself. If your devices are slow to respond, the state may not be reflected properly unless you manually refresh the page again.
- Dashboard refreshes itself every 2 minutes.
I’m planning to add:
- Instant updates (yes, it’s possible!)
- Display temperature
- Display/change modes
- Make it prettier.
- More features!
Installing the Dashboard
- Open the logs first
- Install app as usual
- Don’t forget to enable Oath in the SmartApp setup!
- Check the logs to see your URL