Utilitech Glass Break Detector (New DTH in post 90)

Did you change the DH to the right one ?

1 Like

Got it workingā€¦ Sorry itā€™s been a while using DH.

GoControl GB00Z-2: Smart Glass Break Detector and The Utilitech Wireless Glass Break Security Sensor Iris Zwave 0567900 GB00Z-1 are the same device manufactured by Nortek and you need the Device Handler available here: https://github.com/shackrat/SmartThings-by-Shackrat/tree/master/devicetypes

I was able to pair it in the classic app but not in the new app.

2 Likes

I got it to pair up with the old ST APPā€¦ canā€™t see a way to tie it into the monitoring options with my other sensorsā€¦ itā€™s like itā€™s just sitting thereā€¦ and not doing anythingā€¦

Since itā€™s not a native ADT sensor it will not be monitored by ADT but I think it will still notify you via the ST app if you have push notifications turned on

1 Like

I am having major issues with Glass Break Sensors. I have (3) that worked with Iris. First found multiple DH for these. Not sure which one to use. Have tried (2). Excluded them and paired to ST. Shows up as Z Wave Device and only shows inactive and battery 100%. Can not include them in SHM. So makes me tend to believe that they DH is not interfacing with devices as it should. Any ideas??

Hello, I have the device paired to ST hub, but it only shows the battery status, would you know what should I do to get to work? Tk

Hello,

I added the DH, however I cannot pair it on ST. It is not found. help please.

old thread, but just finished setting this up successfully and wanted to provide that feedback. Using the device handler https://github.com/shackrat/SmartThings-by-Shackrat/tree/master/devicetypes I was able to add this to smartthings quite easily. Sometimes the battery does not show properly when first adding, and to fix that I just changed device type to zwave sensor and then back to the utilitech type. Works fine. If needed, removing it and re adding it was quite tricky. For me, to reset the device I had to remove the batteries, re add them, and then press the button 5 times. The green light goes solid and that means it is reset. That should allow you to remove and re add the device if needed.

In terms of testing, I could not make the youtube video method work, but I was able to test this with a hammer and bottle. I did not have to break the beer bottle, just hit it hard, and the sensor went off. Obviously use a bucket just in case you hit it too hard! Use your own judgment, and if you break glass all over your couch it is your fault.

Is there a Zigbee version of that code? I have been trying to configure a Visonic GB-540 Zigbee sensor, it paired fine as ā€œthingā€ but I have been wanting to change the type to glass break detector. It is not a zwave.

no idea. Not an expert in this. I bought these sensors based on this post and wanted to confirm they still worked.

Hi, thank you for confirming you got it working. The device handler published at shackrat is currently for a christmas tree water sensor (great idea btw). Did you change the sensor configurations from dry/wet to glass break?

Has anyone figured out how to use this with the new zwave ring glass break sensor?

I bought five of these on eBay and it took a while to figure out how to get them working.

These are the Utilitech branded GB00Z-1 units from Loweā€™s and intended to be used by the now-defunct Iris smart home system.

I have an Aeotec Z-Wave Gen5 stick and hereā€™s what I did:

1. Opened up the GB00Z-1 and soldered +/- wires to the motherboard since I donā€™t intend to use batteries for my application.
  2. Used a Rigol DP832 power supply and set the power to 3v.
  3. Put the Aeotec into inclusion mode and paired the device.
  4. Powered down the device and verified that if the voltage stays at or below around 4.8V, the device WILL send battery status every time about 6 seconds after power up and trigger a Z-Wave on/off command on glass break sounds.
  5. If the voltage is above around 4.8-4.9V when the device powers up, it will NOT send status nor will it trigger a Z-wave command on glass break sounds.

The instructions call for two CR123A 3V batteries for a total of 6V if wired in series (Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s the case because I donā€™t have CR123A batteries here to check).