[UPDATED] Osram Lightify RGBW A19/BR30 US version (HA) DTH

Intended for the US HA version. May work with the European ZLL version, but not tested.

Implements:

• Custom On/Off dim duration (in preferences)
  • Custom dim duration for level change (in preferences)
  • Custom duration for color transition (in preferences)
  • Pulse (aka ZLL breathe) and blink (custom commands)
  • Color loop/cycle
  • UI enhancements

Updated 6/6/17:
set default color/level code by @ranga

To set default initial (power-on) color/level:

• set your preferred color/level
  • wait for a few seconds, then tap the Set Default tile
  • wait 3-5 minutes for the process to complete (do NOT switch off or change any settings during this time)
  • the main (on/off) tile will turn orange with “WAIT” status during this period; if it does not reset after 3-5 minutes, tap the refresh tile
  • after that, you can try switching power off and on to see if the new color/level is set correctly
  • may need to upgrade firmware (via ST OTA) for this to work
27 Likes

Liking this so far. Nice job.

1 Like

@gkl_sf thank you for this! Is there any chance this could also work for the Lightify Flex Strip?

Hi. I don’t have the flex strip, so don’t know much about it. If using the above dth with it, what happens? (Issues and missing features?) thanks.

If I get some time tonight I will let you know. I have one. Also did I miss in the code. When you click color changing how long is it suppose to be till it changes?

Works just fine from what I see just messing with it for a few min.

1 Like

Awesome sauce!!! Loving it.!!

I’m new to Smart Things (this is my 1st post, actually), so sorry if this is something that should be obvious. Is there a way to activate one of your functions, such as color loop, with another device? I’d like to set up a button on an Aeon Minimote to trigger a function or two. Also, what does the Configure button do? Nothing seems to happen when I press it.

Thanks for making this available! I love the added functionality.

Config button not working for me, too.

Also, most functions work but the state doesn’t seem to be working. Says light is off, but the light is on.

1 Like

Yeah I got that same thing. I don’t think the color changes when picked either but everything else seems good.

Yea the status is not updating at all, that should be fixed so we can use apps like CoRE properly. The light doesn’t know if it is on or not even what the dim level should be. Also, I keep seeing the following error show up which should be cleaned up as well

8:14:05 AM: error groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.Long#minus.
Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between:
[class java.lang.Character]
[class java.lang.Number] @ line 264

Thank you for the log info – I’ve updated the DTH.

1 Like

In re status, is it intermittent? Is it specific to this DTH?

The Config button configures reporting from the bulb. It is only useful when something goes wrong. Ordinarily, it shouldn’t do anything.

You can use CoRE to do it. The trigger will be the remote control button. The action is the bulb, using custom command “loopOn” or “loopOff”.

@gkl_sf it is specific to this device handler. When I press “on” in the app it stays on “turning on” and it never updates to “on” at all.

See if the changed dth fixed it. If not, let me know.

looks like the error is still there and the status is not updating either:

12:29:51 PM: error groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method java.lang.Long#minus.
Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between:
[class java.lang.Character]
[class java.lang.Number] @ line 264

Ok. Thanks. I’ll fix it later today.

1 Like

I’ve updated the DTH. I was filtering events to prevent duplicates, but it may have caused the status not to update. Took the filter out.

I’ve noticed that at times, Hue indicator (and some other UI elements) is not updating – it’s a ST problem. Just for kicks, I changed createEvent to sendEvent in parse and it started working again. Anyway, if that’s happening, let me know, and I’ll post a DTH with sendEvent instead of createEvent, even though that’s not in-line with the API.

Still a noob at all this, how do I go by adding this to apps? Thanks in advance