Osram/Sylvania Lightify (it works)

Borris,
Thanks for info. I actually got around to messing with it today and came to the same conclusion as you. I used the gateway to update the firmware on everything. Then I set the default power on state. Since I want to use this bulb in smartthings, I then had to remove it from the lightify app to be able to add it in smartthings (can’t have them in both at the same time).

When I removed it from the lightify app I kind of got the feeling it wasn’t going to work because it flashed and then went back to it’s factory default setting, not my new default setting.

Sure enough, adding it back to smartthings and my new default state would not work. Upon shutting the power off, it went back to the original factory defaults.

Then I tried using webcore to add a statement. If the light is switched on, set the color temperature. This worked, but most of the time it blinked at the factory default prior to moving to the setting I wanted. So not great.

However, I dug around some more… found this device handler:

This appears to be working fairly well for default setting!! I can cycle the power with the switch, and the bulbs come on at the default setting.

2 Likes