Update Wifi information on IOS app - option unavailable

I cannot change the wifi connection on my SmartTHings Hub (IM6001-V3P04)
I just replaced my Wifi router and , the option “update Wi-fi Information” under Settings is not available on my phone app (the text is gray and inactive).
The hub is trying to connect to my old wifi network - i tried the reset by pressing the reset button and it always returns to flashing blue light (cannot get the flashing red/green light to turn on).
Did anyone has a solution?
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hi, did you manage to resolve this in the end? Thanks!

Hi, thanks for the link. It sounds like its resetting the hub. Does that mean all the devices connected to the hub will be removed?

Did you read the article at that link? It specifically says of the method listed in the article:

This will not affect any devices connected to the Hub, and does not require a factory reset.

That specific method doesn’t have anything to do with resetting the hub: it’s just changing the Wi-Fi credentials.

Yes. Thanks for pointing that out. I wanted to find out if anyone has actually done it.

Also, as stated in the original post, the option “Update Wifi Information” in the SmartThings app is actually greyed out and can’t be selected.

1 Like

Then you will need to contact support:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us

A quick of update on this:

Turns out that this is only an issue for non US V3 hubs. The method described here (link) works for US V3 hubs. I spoke to someone really helpful from SmartThings support and he mentioned that this matter will be raised. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.

Another thing, in that method, the Hub doesn’t actually flash red and green after the reset button is pressed, it flashes yellow. Which is good, because it won’t be confused with adding devices or when you are adding the hub for the first time.

1 Like