Hi so I have the newest Smartthings app and is it just me or is there not a way to change your wifi settings or what wifi you connect the hub to? I have a friend who just changed to a new mesh wifi router and hes trying to change the wifi the hub is connected to, and im trying to help him out. But I cant find anywhere in the new app to change wifi settings? Is it just me or is it not an option in the new app?
Hey there! @Trenton_LaBiche, Thank for reaching out for assistance. Apologies for any inconveniences in locating the setting as the In-app re-configuration option has been moved directly into the Device’s options.
You would select your Hub > Three Dot Menu > Information > You will see a Blue option for “Update Wifi Information”. This will take you through the steps to set up WiFI on your hub to allow the hub to be on the new mesh network. This is the same location where you locate the Firmware ran on the Hub.
Additionally, you can force a WiFi network change without factory resetting your hub using the steps below. Less than Ideal, but both methods will get your desired outcome of changing the WiFi to the new updated information.
- Remove the ethernet cable (if plugged in)
- Press and hold the reset button on the back of the Hub
- The LED will turn solid blue and then go dark
- Hold the reset button for ~15 seconds until the LED rapidly blinks yellow
- Release the reset button when it starts blinking yellow
- The LED will likely go solid magenta and then briefly solid red
- Once the LED is blinking blue, open the SmartThings app
- Navigate to Devices and select “Add a device”
- Select Wi-Fi/Hub → SmartThings Hub (IM6001-V3P) → Wi-Fi
- Scan the QR code as directed and finish setup
I hope this message finds you well!
Ok thank you so much. I really appreciate the help. I see the “update wifi information” button.