UK V2 Hub not communicating with Hue devices (June 2023)

I couldn’t take it… I finally went with a different driver with total success.

Backstory, about 18 months ago, I moved… took forever to redo everything to suit my new house. Then, within a month my (v2) hub fried and I had to get the Aeotech one. I’d been with ST since the beginning, I installed everything, every rule engine, etc. All of it. But, I got a new job. I don’t have time to keep up on anything. My goal was simply to use whatever ST could do natively, end of story. No installing, no tinkering. I didn’t even know about Edge drivers beyond the fact they existed.

I have like 50ish devices on the ST hub, then I have 2 Hue bridges with 75ish devices. My house has been essentially hands free. Until this. Pretty sure it all blew up on my wife’s birthday 7/23. That was fun.

I had to do something, so I did like 3 minutes of Googling and found a community driver. I just dove in figuring I can always go back when things get fixed. It was a pain. But in reality, it took like 3 hours to rebuild my whole Hue setup to exactly what it was doing - rooms, groups, scenes, automations. 100% success, really no glitches beyond what I expected from reading the install notes.

It was the driver from @blueyetisoftware posted on July 2. I’m not real happy about having to install anything. Like I said, I don’t have time to learn or tinker or keep up on this stuff much anymore. But I am real happy to have my house back to perfect functioning. It’s cool that my second Hue hub is in ST now (it wasn’t important, it’s all outdoor lighting that could run with Hue automations - but it is cool), and bonus that I could use my zones, scenes, etc from Hue.

3 Likes

Hi, @UKAdrianJ, @Jasonmc
I pinged the team about this to see if they can provide some info and I’ll get back to you.

2 Likes

Hi @nayelyz , I’m having the same issue. It started yesterday. I’m in Mexico City, running version 2023-07-12 of the Hue Bridge driver.

My SmartThings hub is version 2 and i have enabled support access on my account.

Hi @nayelyz, I’m having the same issues with hub connected Hue devices as of 7/26 after a brief power outage. I also have cloud connected devices setup and they are working but would prefer to be using hub connected devices. I turned on support access under this ID for 1 month.

I am also having the issue. I can only connect one hub using the linked service and then have to use connect hub for the second. The device names of the lights utilizing the linked service start with ‘hue’. The device names of the lights utilizing the connected bridge are labeled as white.

I am also not able to add more than one account to the philips hue cloud integration so the lights on my second bridge are recognized as lights.

Mine started working again this morning, FYI. 7/30/23.

Maybe 30 July 2023? :thinking:

1 Like

Haha! Oops. Can’t believe it’s July already… Edited.

1 Like

@nayelyz Add me to the list of unfortunate offline hue hub victims. US based, everything was working fine on Fri Jul 28th. Took a trip out of the city and came home today Jul 30th and all my Hue devices are offline but still appear in the app. I no longer see Philips Hue as a linked service in my account. Tried to relink several times but getting error 34-302, which after a search led me to this forum post. This is with a Smartthings V3 hub (000.048.00005) and Philips V2 bridge (2023-07-12T20:36:18.057262343). My ST account email is the same as in the forum and I have granted account data access to my account already. Let me know if there is any other information needed thank you!

Probably too late, but I have a hue bridge v1

Hello,

Any updates?

Thank you.

All, I know this won’t be convenient for everyone but I found that if you delete and re add your problematic Hue devices the problem goes away. I had over a dozen Hue lights with the issue. Once I removed them and added them back they have remained solid. Of course I had to rebuild routines, SharpTools, etc.

Hope that helps at least someone.

1 Like

If you read the earlier replies, that is only a temp fix. When you lose ability to control hue devices, which will happen again, you’ll have to redo your solution.
I only have 20 devices and it’s already a pain just the thought of having to rebuild everything.

Yeh. Not a solution for me. 3 hubs and more than 90 devices :joy:

Interesting. I have not had any issues so far after re-adding problem devices.

Just for clarification, I have about 80 Hue lights across two Hue bridges. I only had problems after the migration to Edge with about a dozen. I’ve also added more since.

Also not here.

Update on LAN Edge Driver Connectivity Issues

The Edge Drivers team has identified an issue where the IP address for the target device may change, such as a router changing the DHCP assignment for the device. The LAN Edge Drivers may not always reliably notice these address changes and risk losing connectivity.

We believe that this will affect SmartThings authored LAN Edge Drivers.

We anticipate having a fix for this in the coming weeks. To test these changes please feel welcome to enroll in our Beta changes and you can get access to the production release early.

We will follow up after the production releases of these planned changes.

To enroll on the Beta channel, please follow these steps:

1. Go to this invitation link: Samsung account
  2. Accept the invitation to the channel if you haven’t done it yet.
  3. On the next page, it will show you the Hubs included in your account, tap on “Enroll” below the corresponding Hub’s name.
  4. Once enrolled, click on “Available drivers”
  5. Find the Philips Hue driver and install it.

Note: As the driver ID is the same on each SmartThings Channel (Beta, Default/Production), this should get you the new version of the driver. This will only happen if your devices are currently using the SmartThings driver.
If you’re using a custom/Community driver, you can install the driver but you will need to reinstall your devices. Remember that the Hue LAN Edge Driver doesn’t support driver switching.

The fix is now available in the Beta Channel.

This was the start of my issue. I had to do some hardware work on my network and then lost all my Hue bulbs. I went ahead and installed the beta driver above. Now my hub is showing as offline and all bulbs are accessible from Smartthings. However, I can control them thru the Hue app.

Did you install the Beta version of the driver after the change in your network? Which version of the driver can you see the Hue bridge is using?
In the app, you need to enter the device’s details page, then go to the menu, tap on “Driver”.

I did install the beta driver. The driver is greyed out in the app because the status is showing as “Offline”. However in the new mysmartthings webpage it shows 2023-08-01T22:00:26.918644645 as the driver version.